Pool Concerns

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by lookin4friends, Aug 27, 2021.

1. lookin4friends

lookin4friends Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    I have been reading that there seems to be an issue with things being taken while guests are in the pool. Is anyone familiar with anything that might attach to your chair that you could secure some small items in? Phones, cash for tipping, things of that nature.

2. HersAndHis

HersAndHis Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    We went earlier this year and did not have a problem leaving our things at our pool loungers. Granted we made sure to pick spots to leave our stuff so we could see it from the pool. We had a big beach bag and just hid our phones and money in a small pouch in the bag. Some days we also didnt even bring our phones with us and kept them locked up in the room safe. He would keep the tip money in a small pocket in his bathing suits. Good luck on finding something that will work for you

3. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,830 / 3
    Only thing we lost there was a little dignity and all inhibitions. The Boobs Cruise got the rest of it.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Never had a issue at the pool, we just put our stuff on the side of the pool.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    never had an issue, and never worried about it, but we don't bring phones or really anything of value to the pool. Hell, I don't even take my phone to Mexico.
    I'll bring a small (waterproof) backpack to the pool, somewhere to place an extra shirt or Kay's coverups and bikini tops. Maybe have a book and some sunscreen in it.
    At the most there will be $10-15$ in extra tip money in the backpack as a reserve.

We usually set our things on the tower deck where we cannot watch from the sexy pool. Never missing anything and never seem like its been went through. I don't even try and hide the fact that I'm getting more tip money from it if needed.

A waterproof bag is key, more than once we've been out and about or somewhere else and a rain storm comes past, but the contents inside our backpack are nice and dry.

I do worry about our shoes disappearing, but that has never happened.

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    The reserved deck for Tower guest is never very busy. We've left bags there for hours and hours before, and never had an issue. I tend to be over trusting, and don't worry about it too much.

7. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we only bring a waterproof otter box thing down to hold cigs lighter , chap sick , things like that have left it on the bar and never touched .sometimes we leave tip money in it . We don't take anything expensive down ..and we are on vaca to get away nothing will ruin that faster than having a phone on us

8. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We used to live in a bad neighborhood and I had my purse stolen twice. This part of the reason we are extra-cautious and protective of our stuff. In the beginning, if we went into the pool, we would leave phones, sunscreen + tip money in a gym bag or beach bag and leave it on the chair, under our towels/clothes. Then we'd venture in the pool and occasionally come back and eyeball our belongings.

However, on the most recent trip, we were even more cautious and I sprang for a locking travel bag I found on Amazon. We put our phones, money and even passports (long story) in a zippered pouch that had a lock. We then tethered it to the pool chair and locked the bag.

Also, actually on our most recent trip (4 weeks ago) there was a woman who told security her bag had been stolen. We were on the beach and she was on one of the beds next to us. She was very loud (probably drunk) but complained to security that her bag was on the bed and it had her money and passport inside. I don't know what became of this situation, but it's a good reminder to not leave valuables unsecured.

9. Vegas in TX

Vegas in TX Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0
    OK, I admit it, I was the one who stole the shoes. Well not intentionally, but when I woke up in the morning I realized that the sandals I had were not mine. Stupid black sliders all look the same at 2am. Luckily everyone's footware got back to their rightful owners.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  10. MrandMrsSmith

MrandMrsSmith Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 1
    No matter which resorts are we have gone over the years, we’ve read complaints about stuff being stolen: at the pool, beach, room and even in the room safe, We’re fortunate enough that it never happened to us. We bring some tip money and sometimes our phones with us and that’s all. We put it in the most plain beach bag, under our towels. The rest stays in the room safe. We keep a close eyes on our stuff and it never failed for us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice