POLL: FLORIDA INVASION - VOTE FOR DATES

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by DConCT, Apr 2, 2007.

?

Which Dates Work Best For You?

1. June 7-10

100.0%
  2. June 14-17

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. June 21-24

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you're going, cast your vote!!!

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I need input from those that want to join us in South Miami Beach in June for a reunion/party.

Vote for your preferred dates now, voting ends this afternoon.

Once the date is picked, I will supply three hotel choices with details.

We will vote Monday-Wednesday on the hotel.

thank you

3. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Decisions will be made soon. If you don't voice your opinion, you can't complain about the outcome. :cool:

4. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    POLL IS OVER.

DATES OF FLORIDA INVASION ARE JUNE 14-17, 2007 IN SOUTH MIAMI BEACH.

HOTELS WILL BE POSTED OVER THE WEEKEND, WE WILL TAKE OPINIONS AND TALLY MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY OF NEXT WEEK.

WE WILL CHOOSE A HOTEL, AND PEOPLE CAN STAY WITH THE GROUP OR ANYWHERE IN THE AREA IF YOU DON'T LIKE OUR CHOICE.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING.

5. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just throwing some names out there. Not necessarily the hotels I want to stay at but may be of interest for poeple who are on a budget.

Haddon Hall Hotel South Beach (2*)
    http://www.jetaway.com has the standard room(up to 2 people) for $75/night and delux room(up to 4 people) for $77/night. That doesn't include tax and you only get 2 beds. The location is not dead center but less than 5 min walk away.

Fairwind Hotel (2*)
    http://www.gtahotels.com has the double room for $78/night. Location is pretty dead center of South Beach.

There are a shitload other 2*s in similar price range. Go to www.sidestep.com (though their location parameter setting doesn't work very well so you may have to go through hotels all over Miami, not just in South Beach). I'd say 7th St and Ocean Dr is the middle of South Beach.

6. hw711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dennis has a chain of 6 3+* hotels. Most of which have really great location, decent deal with their 3 night for price of 2 package, and all have free airport shuttle, etc. I am sure he'll post them with price, pros and cons info.

Other cheap 3 star choices

Blue Moon Hotel - $139/night on orbitz (it's marked as a 4 star but I doubt it is).

Ocean Five Hotel - $114/night at octopustravel. Great location, good review on TR.

Avalon Majestic Hotel - $140/night at skoosh. Where I stayed last time. Solid 3*. Perfect location.

7. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As I've discussed with Dennis, I found the Deauville Beach Resort on hotels.com for $82/night for a standard room and $95/night for an ocean view room.

8. hw711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Deauville is WAY too far north. Not to mention it seems very shitty. Chesterfield (one of the hotels Dennis found) has a three night for the price of two deal, the two double standard room comes to $76.67/night after the deal. Check out http://www.southbeachgroup.com/packages.shtml. They have free airport shuttle, 7-8PM open bar at the lobby bar, complimentary club passes, free breakfast, etc. Reviews on TR are pretty mixed but if you want a cheap party hotel that's not a completely shithole, I think this is the best choice.

For a place with a little better service, I am leaning toward Nassau Suite Hotel. You can get a 500 sq ft studio suite for $129 (try orbitz) with a kitchen, free breakfast, free internet, etc. Having a fridge means you can stock up your own ice cold alcohol and being able to pre-party cheaply before heading to places with $8-15 drinks (common South Beach price).

9. hw711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another place I'd seriously considering staying is the Mercury hotel (another of the the chain Dennis found with the 3 for 2 deal). A 350 sq ft Junior Suite (one bed though) cost $103/night after the deal. It comes with a mini kitchen and a Jacuzzi. Or if you feel like living it up, for $290/night after the deal, you can get a 1275-1660 sq ft penhouse suite with private roof top hot tub. Mercury also has a public pool and hot tub. It's a little south of the center of South Beach (around where Chesterfield is) but it's right near Nikki Beach and Opium.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice