Please send thoughts and prayers out to Tina (Tinder)

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Tina, Oct 16, 2008.

1. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Derek, thanks for taking the time to post an update!

Continued prayers and good wishes for Tina.

2. Tinder

Tinder Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All, Tina here

Just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I had no idea that so many people were thinking of me and praying for me while I was in the hospital. I can honestly say that I have missed the past three months as I don't recall much of what went on. Derek has been updating me and filling in the blanks as best as he can but it just isn't the same.

I have been home since December 21st but am still receiving nursing care three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday). I still have an open wound on my abdomen where my intestines are covered by what is referred to as a wound vac. The nurse changes my wound vac every time she comes to visit so that the wound can heal. I am still weak but am able to get up and move around the house when I feel like it. The Doctor, who is fabulous by the way, (and a cutie too!!) says that it will be a couple of more months until he can close the wound and then perhaps between 6 months to a year before he can reattach my insides to where I am whole again. But he did say that he will bring in a plastic surgeon to clean up my stomach and give me a tummy tuck and make me look good when he is all done! (Can't wait)

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers and to ask for you to continue to keep me in your prayers.

I will try to get on as often as I can. Derek has hooked me up wireless so I can get on whenever I want to so I look forward to talking to all of you and catching up on all I have missed. And a special thanks to Tina from Wisconsin for putting this on the website and her letters to me while I was in the hospital! And thanks to Janie for her card also!

With all my love and thanks,

Tina

3. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG] TINA'S BACK!!!!!!!

What a way to start the New Year, having Tina back! YAY!!!

Welcome back!!! You've been missed!!!

So glad to "see" you posting!
    [​IMG]

4. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So good to hear from you.. Glad you are doing better.. This year is gonna keep getting better for you.. Will keep you in our thoughts & prayers. After you get all healed up, and ready to roll, we should all meet up with you in Cancun to celebrate your recovery...

Take care, and once again, so great to hear from you....

5. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG] Tina !!

Glad to hear your recovery is progressing nicely.

And very happy to see you posting here again.

6. 2forsun & fun

2forsun & fun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very nice to hear you are home and feeling better. We have had you in our prayer's and thought's and will to continue to do so. It is nice that you can keep up with what's going on a little easier with the wireless connection.

Your Friends
    Al & Laura

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Great to hear you are on the mend!

Take it little by little and you'll be back to full health in no time.

8. Tinder

Tinder Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks again to everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers. You all have no idea how much it means to me or how much they are needed.

As an update, I am getting around much better and starting to eat solid food just a little. Oh, and the big news, I went to our son, AJ's, basketball game on Tuesday, first game I have been to all year. So emotional, but glad to finally be able to get out of the house.

Have a doctor's appt. on Tuesday and will know more then. Just wanted to give an update and thank everyone again.

Tina

9. Tina

Tina Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Girl,

I' m glad to hear you doing better and what great news to hear you were able to go to AJ's game!!!

Keep me posted, we need to plan a trip when you get well!!

Tina

10. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the updates.. Glad you got out of the house.. Hope your recovery continues to do well...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice