Please Pray For My Mom

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Greta, May 25, 2009.

1. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

Continued prayers and ((((cyber hugs)))) to you and your mom, Greta!

2. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, all.. Mom got to come home yesterday.. I think she starts her Chemo on Friday, unless the Dr changes it when she calls today.. I'll try to keep you updated!!!

3. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear that your family is going through this. Wishing for a full and speedy recovery.

My father was diagnosed with colon cancer right after he retired (about five years ago) and underwent surgery plus chemo. He has had a clean bill of health every since. I will pray for the same results for your mother.

4. Angie

Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greta - Your mom and family are in my thought & prayers. I pray that the chemo works for her and the dr. are able to keep the cancer under control.

5. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My families thoughts and prayers go out to you and your Mom, Greta.

I hope in our lifetime we can be rid of this horrible disease.

I lost a friend in March to cancer and another friend diagnosed with cancer 2 weeks ago, he has surgery next Monday.

I hate cancer. :evil:

6. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update On Mom!!

We took her for her post op visit yesterday, and he can't believe how well she's doing with it.. She's not even taking her pain meds.. Only had to take 4 so far in total, plus some motrin.

Chemo starts this coming Wednesday. She has to have 6 treatments to start off.. They will be on Wednesdays, every three weeks for 6 months, then he will check everything, and if things shrink, will set her up to have surgery to remove what he can at the time, if she's able..

After that, he says we will heal up and start over with the chemo again... I'll keep you posted, and thanks for all the thoughts & prayers...

7. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's great that Mom is doing well, Greta !!

Keep the faith and have confidence in the doctors.

I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers, as I'm sure everyone here will do.

8. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So far, so good with the chemo... It's not making her sick.. She's doing pretty good...

9. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's good to hear, Greta ! [​IMG]

10. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chemo treatment #3 was yesterday.. We got started at 5 am, and got home at 10 pm.. Uggggggggggg.. Was a very long day, but worth it...

Also, got some better news...

Bloodwork before 1st Chemo on June 10th, cancer cell thing was high 200 something.. Yesterday bloodwork it was at 25, and Dr told us it seems to be doing good with Mom...

Keeping fingers crossed... Mom is wanting to go on Vacation for a few days, and got the ok, so either Myrtle Beach August 23 for 4 nights, or Smokies for 4 nights...

Will keep you posted...

Next Chemo on August 12th

Thanks again for all your thoughts & prayers!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice