Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mormis, Apr 3, 2008.

1. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, sorry to keep posting stupid things but im in big trouble...

my last post here was me saying that i was moving to cancun with my brother and neede a job... well we are here and both have a job... but the friend we were staying at just kicked us out...

We need a place to stay rite now... if anyone knows something please let me know... we really really need it!

Thanx!!!

2. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you're in a position to do so, there's a hotel called Maria de Lourdes on Avenida Yaxchilan, not far off Coba its before Sunyaxchen. I stayed there a few nights when I first moved to Cancun in 2002, and stayed my last few nights there also before returning here. I paid like $400 (MXP) a night I think. Maybe less as it was low season. (Which it's not now, of course.) I cannot say anything bad about my experiences there. Yeah, the sheets may not have matched, but there was hot water, a small fridge, TV, it's close enough to buses to the HZ.

3. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    carrie thanx a million! steve just told me about this place, the bad part is i get paid till the 15th so im absolutely broke... this is just horrible...

i really appreciate your help :D

4. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Goodness Mormisita! Que lastima! Hugs and prayers that something will work out!

5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are hostels all over the place and are only about 100 pesos a night.

I hate to say it but no one should ever move down here without a good stash of money to back them up.

6. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    True on both points, Elizabeth...however you cannot necessarily be totally prepared financially. (I sure wish my crystal ball would have worked!)

I left the US with $3,000 USD to get me started in Cancun. I arrived in Cancun with 9 pesos. (Darn roads in Veracruz!)

I know of at least one hostel very near the intersection of Yaxchilan and Uxmal... I forgot about that option!

7. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG! Carrie, what happened that you lost all your money?

8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Norma, didn't mean to hijack your thread ... :(

I really hope you find a place today, and everything works out for you.

9. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Janie, I drove to Cancun. Having to constantly slow down and speed up because of the potholes and topes (speed bumps) on the federal highway, my transmission was overworked and blew. I had to wait three weeks for the parts to be shipped from the US, so three weeks of hotel, food, entertainment.... yeah. So upon arrival in Cancun I slept on Playa Delfines, woke up and luckily was able to receive a Western Union of $600 to get me going. As it was the very beginning of low season, I was unable to even keep my head afloat, and ended up back here. :cry:

Norma, keep your head up! I trust that things will work out, and I am hoping to hear soon that things have worked out.

10. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sorry that happened to you Carrie but I guess I should rephrase it to mean, make sure you have a good stash of money "once you've arrived". LOL. Otherwise you'll probably have to go back home.

I assumed that most people would fly in and after your flight costs etc, you're going to need a good stash of moola.

But then I guess I'm just trying to be safer than sorry but for some people flying by the seat of their pants works just fine. In most cases though, the majority of the people who have zero back up have to go back home asap and have to scrounge for a ticket back. Ask around...it happens plenty.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice