Please Help. Newbie Couple Questions.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by David®, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Stacia & I stayed at the Excellence Playa Mujeres in 2011, so it's been a while. We enjoyed that trip though. It's a nice place.

1. "Is the month of August a good option to go to the Temptation Resort? I am not referring to the weather, we always travel to the Caribbean in August and we know it. I am referring to the complex specifically in that month (if it is very crowded, the type of people who go that month…..)."

A: Yes, August is, in my opinion, one of the best months to go. The best time, also in my opinion, is the end of April and the front of May.

2. "In your opinion, are 16 nights too many nights? I read many people who only go 4 or 5 nights. Would 16 nights be too much?"

A: Many people who go for less than a week at a time are from the USA, don't have as much vacation time or aren't "used" to being on vacation ("Holiday") for longer than that. Lots of folks who (used to, pre-COVID) go to TTR would come for a full 2 weeks.

3. We are VERY VERY concerned about rest. As we said in the presentation, we like to have fun, but also to rest and relax. We understand that the concept of this hotel is very different from what we are used to in other hotels and we have to come with a slightly more open mind and willing to have fun but. My problem is that I have a hard time falling asleep at night and I wake up very easily. When I wake up in the middle of the night, there is no way I can go back to sleep. My question is: is it a very noisy hotel at night?? I mean later than 12 at night. When I talk about noise I mean loud music, people screaming or laughing in the corridors… Etc. I have read some negative comments about it. We have made the reservation in the “Lush Tower Ocenfront” room in case this helps you tell me if I will hear a lot of noise.

A: The hotel will have loud music playing at night until 2:00 a.m. People will almost certainly be loud a few occasions in the hallways. During the day, one can escape the "party" by going to the "Quiet Pool," or down to the beach... both offer a much more relaxed environment.
    One way to combat being awakened by late-night party people is to "be one." I fyou stay up and enjoy the party until 2:00 a.m., which is very easy to do while there, then you'll be going to bed with the loud people.

4. "Another different question but related to the previous one. Some comments say that there are many rude and rude people in the hotel. For example, they yell in restaurants (I've read comments from other couples that they couldn't hold a conversation inside restaurants due to noise and yelling from other guests)."

A: We've only experienced this once in 31 trips. We usually go to eat dinner at around 8:45 or so. A couple of the restaurants just seem to be "loud" environments, the Asian when the Hibachi act is going on, for instance. People like to cheer and shout the knife chef for some reason. *shrug*

5. "I know that the concept of the Temptation has nothing to do with the Excellence or the TRS but, I would like to know the opinion of someone who has also been in those hotels to compare them with the Temptation, and I do not mean the atmosphere of the hotel nor the public and activities, I mean the "quality" of the hotel. With "quality" I mean facilities, food, staff, rooms..."

A: TTR is on par with Excellence, mostly. The Tower rooms are actually better than what we experienced at Excellence. Food may be slightly better at Excellence, except for the Rooftop pool bar for lunch, that food is Great.

6. "As we have said before, we do not know how to speak English. Can this be a problem? Is this a hotel where majority English is spoken? I am referring of course to the clients. Are almost all English speaking? In your opinion… what % of customers approximately speak Spanish? Do you think that approximately 20% of the clients speak Spanish? less? plus?"

A: Depends on the trip and crowd, we've been there when a sizable contingent of people from South America were there, so that bumped it up. We've been there when it seemed like everyone we met was from Canada, so it went down then. I'd say probably more like 10% of "the crowd" will hablo e entiendo Espanol. But of course all the staff does.

"Sorry for so many questions, but we are afraid to get there and not feel comfortable."

A: If you like to have fun, you will have fun there, even if there is a bit of a block in language.

"It's 16 days and it's not exactly cheap."

A: A solution would be to book TTR for say, 5 days, and book somewhere else that you CAN cancel/reschedule for the remainder of the trip, also in Cancun. You'll know in the first 4 days if you're enjoying it, and can extend (almost certainly be able to do that in August). If you don't, you'll have a place lined up to go to.

2. David®

David® Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Wow!! Thank you very much for your detailed answers John! You've been very kind. Let me ask you if you have been to the Desire Pearl. If the answer is yes, it seems that it can fit a little more with our way of traveling (we are not very fond of continuous partying 24 hours a day) and we like to relax and rest. If you have been to Desire Pearl, based on your experience, do you think it could be a better fit for us?

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    We have been to Desire Pearl. We visited during the day twice and stayed for a full week one time. For us, it's a bit Too relaxed as things low way down at night. It is still a fun place, although not nearly as crazy as Temptation, but still a good time. Food is ood, facilities are fantastic. Again, you might just want to divide your trip with (especially with prices doing what they're doing) do part of your trip at TTR, then part at Pearl, and you have enough time you could even do part at Desire RM just to try each of them out and figure out for yourselves which one "fits" you the best. For us, now, it's DRM, where it used to be TTR pre-renovation.

4. David®

David® Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Ok John. I write down everything you told me.
    After discussing it with my wife, we have decided that we are going to cancel our reservation at the Temptation and book at the Desire Pearl. We think it may be a better fit for us.

Thanks a lot.

Greetings and success!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice