Please DON'T read this or watch this video if...

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Zackman, Mar 18, 2010.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But don't you see a conflict of interest when a company who's main mission is to make profit is in charge of who gets medical attention? I believe in a free market system but should everything be included in there?

There will never be a good time to make changes like this. There will always be something. Obama is doing what any politician would do. He's calculated that this is the best time that he's gonna get to do this.

We have more than two parties here and it's really not much better.. *L*.. we have two main parties (liberals and conservatives) that capture the majority of the votes and then there's a 3rd party (NDP) that can't get into office but spend most of their time being a thorn in everyone's side. There's a 4th party (Bloc) but they mainly just represent 1 province and would separate from Canada if they could.

The all independents would be interesting but I think you may get even less accomplished because everyone would have their own individual agenda.

wow... I'm really verbose today *L*

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Given the crazy number of stupid, overly broad, and poorly thought out laws/measures that get passed almost every single day in the US.. I think perhaps less is better.... block voting and block discussion leads to bad, politically motivated things happening, as anyone with more than 5 brain cells can see everyday in the US. In the all "independent" system, people would still group for common causes, but you wouldn't have people "toting the party line" even if they don't believe in it (or haven't even read it). It would also require legislation to make more sense and have less BS in it since you can't just rely on your party to vote for it automatically. It's a pipe dream for sure.....

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOW! Obama already signed it today! I guess I misunderstood when I thought it still had to go back to the Senate to have the revisions passed... or they did it overnight....

In any event I've just glanced at a few message boards, and OMG people are going absolutely Ape $hit over this.... 99% is ignorant, partisan rhetoric (with some racist tones).. but there's no doubt that people are fired up about it. We'll all just have to wait and see if anything meaningful happens....

I do wonder if I, being out of country most times, will be required to hold some "approved" insurance now..... guess we'll see. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice