PLAZA HOLLYWOOD - WATCH OUT FOR COPS

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Mar 27, 2009.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THIS IS HOT OFF THE PRESS.

I was just at Plaza Hollywood and saw 3 cops on motos. They were writing tickets and pulling plates for improper parking. As you can imagine - in front of Starbuck, in the little curve by where the moat used to be, and along the front of La Europea.

As I was leaving of of them was on Palenque writing up a taxi.

I was worried that that would bag me for no front plate (not required in Florida) which, after I provide my Permiso info, usually leads to allegations that my windows are too tinted, which usually prompts me to tell them who all they are disgracing (themselves, their family, the policia, their country & finally, all the good and honest citizens of Mexico), whereupon they usually promptly let me go, aafter probably thinking I am a crazy man. But today they left me alone.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got pulled over on Coba right near there, for passing in the right lane the other day...well he said I was speeding but if I'd been going the same speed in the left lane I'm sure he wouldn't have thought I was speeding. I was passing two morons on the right...it wasn't my fault they were hogging the left lane...

The cop made a big deal of showing me the ticket book...how big it was...how many places it had on it for data...he really, really did not want to have to fill it ALL out...and then he made a big deal out how much money the ticket would be (he told me it would be $1500 MXP)...but I was all sunshine and sweetness...I told him all about how my speedometer only works half the time...and how my hubby thinks he's a mechanic yet the car is falling apart...and told him that since I was guilty I wanted my ticket and was happy to pay all that money...

Pretty soon he handed me back my license...but no ticket...and he told me I had pretty eyes...and he sent me on my way.

He never noticed that we've been stupidly lazy and haven't even paid the stupid tenencia yet...(need to do that).

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, good for you!!! (He says harumphing!!!) Your good old double standard!! Cute young blondes seem to get better treatment than fat, old, bald, men!!

I used to talk about their parentage but must be getting old as I have given it up. Now the tactic is to just accept the ticket, leaving him stammering, stalling and stuttering waiting for me to offer to "arreglarlo". Most times he waves me on though. I pay only occasionally and then quickly so it is only 50% anyway. I prefer that.

I am curious to see if all of the current pressure on the police in general will make them more willing to write tickets than take bribes.

I have a new used vehicle with all of the things not really "in order" yet so they will have some "reasons" to stop me--Yucatan plates (the previous owner was a cute young blonde so SHE never had any problem!), tinted windows ( from the factory so supposedly there is no problem but that never stops them), tenencia and owner change will be done before April 1 when it is due so we will see what happens.

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jim - I appreciate the implied compliment even though I'm not too much younger than you, have never really been very blond and have serious doubts about my cute factor.

I do think that I got out of the ticket in part by missing the cues that would have told me when to dole out money...I played the cooperative ditz with not much Spanish and it worked in my favor. Next time I'll be sure to pass in the left lane.

6. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Extreman medidas de seguridad en Cancún

http://www.sipse.com/nota.php?id=31510

Translation from FreeTranslation.com

"From April 15 they will apply new measures of security in Cancun, that include the detention of vehicles where they travel three men, the ones that carry plates of other states and the ones that have glasses polarized.

In press conference where brought to light the installation of the Operating one of Holy Week in this tourist pole, the Mayor said that these measures apply to national level and explained that they are "to reinforce the fight against the delinquency and to fight the delinquency in our municipality".

Gregorio Sánchez said that rotated instructions to the Office of the secretary of Public Security (SSP) so that from April 15 every vehicle where travel more than three people of male sex be person under arrest for its review and identification of the occupants.

" They Are measures of security that are applying throughout the country, in our city we want to be heads and is obligation of the SSP and of the municipal government to safeguard the physical integrity of our inhabitants, therefore we have to use all the strategies that the law permit us to fight the insecurity", indicated.

The mandatory benitojuarense assured that the operating will be done in a peaceful way, for which requested the cooperation of the citizens. "We will be very respectful of the individual guarantees, like we have been respectful of the law, will be a kind review; the one that nothing owes, nothing fears".

It exhorted to the citizenship to collaborate with these measures. "If you want a sure city, needs to contribute as responsible citizen, like the patriot, because our function as preventive police is to inhibit the crime".

Change of plates

The First Councilman also indicated that the Direction of Traffic will initiate from the same one 15 of April an operating one for the detention of vehicles that carry plates of other states of the Republic.

"I have rotated instructions to the Director of Traffic so that from April 15 stop to all the vehicles with foreign plates to require them that change them for some localities. If the citizens that live in our municipality do not obey this instruction, will also be guilty persons", notified.

Without they polarized

Besides, the motorists should withdraw the polarized of the forward glasses in a not greater time limit to two weeks, the municipal president abounded.

For it, he said, in the installations of Municipal Public Security a module was installed in which they will withdraw in a free way them polarized.

Likewise, the people that include permissions to have dark glasses in their vehicles will be canceled automatically April 15 and themselves not permissions of this kind will be sent off more.

The municipal president did emphasis in which will be obligatory for the motorists to obey these indications. Finally, Sánchez Martínez invited the citizens with different capacities so that they respond to the SSP where will be delivered them a card that identify them, with the purpose that its vehicles in preferential places can be stationed.

This program already applies weekends in stock the Americas and Great Plaza and in a permanent way in the installations of Public Security."

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, as they say: "Timing is everything." I just bought an SUV with Yucatan plates and tinted windows!

Of course they aren't polarized in front and they came that way from the factory so it is ok but not having a valid reason never stopped transito before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice