Plaza Centro???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Kenny Log-in, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Kenny Log-in

Kenny Log-in Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First time to Cancun in a few short weeks. Can't wait. I need to be at Plaza Centro and can not find it on maps. Anyone know where it is? Is it called something else? I was under the impression it was downtown. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Hmmm, I live in Cancun and never heard of that Plaza.

But I just asked my wife and she says it's on Ave Tulum downtown near HSBC bank. You need to be careful here though because Ave Tulum is the main road in the center of downtown, but also bends round towards Plaza Las Americas and it is this part of Ave Tulum road you need not the part in the main centre where the bus goes.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Actually from the Pm you sent it seems my wife might be wrong.... note above I said I didnt know where it is :)

If you're actually looking for 3rd floor Plaza Centro on Avienda Nader then Ave Nader runs parallel to Ave Tulum (the main downtown part). I'm guessing it's in the same building as the passport office (the only 3 floor plaza I can think of in that area). The easiest way to get there would be to catch the bus to the fleamarket area of downtown on Ave Tulum opposite Chedarui supermarket and cut through one of the alleys that should bring you out on Ave Nader.

I will ask TJ our resident 'directions expert' to take a look at your thread and see if he can explain more clearly.

4. Kenny Log-in

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks again. I have been reading this board for a while in anticipation of my February trip. The info and links and photos have helped me plan my entire trip. Informative, entertaining, and up to date. This board is AWESOME.

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, T.J. here.

Take the R-1 bus from the Hotel Zone. The km markers will go down to 0. After km 0 the bus will make a right turn onto Av. Tulum. Get off at the very first stop which will be in front of a flea market of sorts. Across the street you will see a big grocery called Chedraui.

You will not cross any streets and this is not hard to do. Go back the way you came from, like you are walking back to the Hotel Zone. Avenida Nader will be the first street, running off to your left.

Go up Nader to #8 Nader on ths same side of the street you are already on.

This map may help keep it in perspective:
    http://mexico-on-line.com/cancun/cancun-maps/ciudad-cancun-map.html
    On the right of the map look for grid marker 5 and at the top it is between grid markers E & F. You only go up Nader equivalent of a block or two.

To get back to the hotel zone, go back to the flea market and keep walking until you see a raised sidewalk/crosswalk/speed bump (called tope, pronounced Toe-Pay). Cross the street there and you will see buses stopping every minute. You want the R-1 or R-15 bus back to the hotels.

Good luck.

6. Kenny Log-in

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    T.J. thanks! This is the spot. I'll need this place while in Cancun!!!!! So nice to have a wealth of information here, and people willing to help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice