Playoffs, Los Tigres

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Aug 8, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tigres win game 1!!

OK, although we don't have the blow by blow from TJ, the Tigres have won the opening game, 5-4. It wasn't over until 1 AM last night, due in part to rain delay.

2. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Game two of the series is now tied, 7 all, top of the ninth. Cablemas channel 41 for those who are at home....

Both teams are absolutely playing at the top of their game: it's impressive.

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sadly, the Tigres lost last night, by one run. One of the best players pn our team made what must have been a base running error to end the game with Monterrey winning by one run.

It looks to me like a total of three people are interested in what's happening with the Tigres, T.J., myself and Gonzo.

I know baseball is foreign to those from the UK and Europe, but it's big in the Americas, from the arctic circle to Tierra del Fuego. It's one of the few things that seem to represent normalicy in this crazy place. I'm sorry that others can't appreciate it!

Some, who've never followed baseball in their lives have, thanks mainly to T.J., discovered the pleasure of sitting with families and their children in an absolutely beautiful stadium on a lovely summer's night in Cancun.

If you haven't tried it, you should consider it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice