Playoffs, Los Tigres

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Aug 8, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The Tigres won last night in a wild one, 12-8, giving them a 2-0 lead over the southern division winner Guerreros of Oaxaca.

T.J. was there to see all the action, so I'll leave it to him to tell us how the game unfolded....

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, we were down 5-0 and had replaced our starting pitcher before we got the 2nd out. Not looking good.

We started fighting our way back with 4 runs in the third, then 1, 0 & 4,while they got one more so we were up 9-6 after 6 and looking good. Then 9-7, 11-7, and finally the 12-8 win after 4 hours.

Our star 2nd baseman, Carlos Gastelum, stole 2nd and 3rd in the same inning for the 2nd straight game and made big defensive plays.

Saw our out for the season US LF, Doug Clark and he had a boot on his bad foot. Had talked to him a couple of games before the playoffs and he was going in for treatment the following morning. The team doctor is Wajid Burad, who I have recommended many times to others for sports related injuries and treatments. His office on on Calle Margaritas, just after Papelria Cancun if you are on Uxmal heading towards Parque Las Palapas. Marg runs in and out from Uxmal and the park on two one way streets.

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    With a 9-5 win over the Guerreros de Oaxaca, in Oaxaca, in a game broadcast live last night on Channel 41, the Tigres have now advanced to the finals of the southern division of the Mexican Baseball league!

Vamos Tigres!

4. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First two games are here tomorrow (Tues) and Wed.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We play the Veracruz Red Eagles for the Division title, best 4 of 7

First two here
    Three away, if the 3rd one is necessary
    Then the last two here if necessary.

SERIE DE CAMPEONATO: 2º vs 1º
    Agosto 13-14 HOME
    15 - Descanso
    16-17-(18) (de ser necesario) AWAY
    19-Descanso
    20-21 (de ser necesario) HOME

I am ok with a 4 game sweep to get the the Championship series.

That would be August 24-up to Sept 1 in another best of 7 series. The top rated team gets the very important home field advantage. We got eliminated last year by the eventual champion Red Eagles from Veracruz. We have a chance for redemption but will be without two of our top hitters. LF Doug Clark and 3B Jorge Cantu, both out for the playoffs.

Let's give the Tigres the win for the worst pro sports website I have seen so far.

SERIE DEL REY
    Agosto 24-(25)
    26 descanso
    27-28-29 (de ser necesario)
    30-descanso
    31- Sep. (1º) (de ser necesario)

6. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do the big hitters have injuries? Hope they do well in the next series!!

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were up 3-0 after 7 on Wed and the floods came. Not rains but floods. Here we have to finish all playoff games. We put them out of their misery somehow. Not sure when as the rain has hardly stopped.

And Yes, our two big hitters are out for the playoffs as they were for the last few weeks of the season. Clark and Cantu.

RF Karim Garcia got all of a fastball and parked it well over the fence for a 3 run homer and that was it.

Carlos Gastelum, 2B continues to be our spark plug. In fact, his nickname is Chispa, or Spark. He made an early diving, fully extended, parallel to the ground grab of a rocket up the middle, a sure hit. Then singled in our half of the inning, scoring on Garcia's blast.

Games in Veracruz, Sat and Sun and, if we don't sweep them Game 5 will be Monday. If Veracruz is still alive, back here Wed and Thurs if needed. We are playing awesome. Everyone is stepping up and we have 2 mid-high 90's pitchers.

The team doc is a friend and assures me neither guy will be back for the playoffs. We knew Clark would not be back but there was talk Cantu might be available. Hope we don't need him though.

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Well, it only took twenty minutes of play for the Tigres to close that rained out game in favor of the Tigres, 3-0. That puts them up two games to none going to Veracruz, tonight.

[T.J., thanks immensely for the detailed summaries of game results that you often give us!!]

Games are broadcast live on Cablemas channel 41, and I hope the one they chose to show today will be this one, against Veracruz.

Vamos Tigres!

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The game tonight IS on Cablemas channel 41. It's the top of the fourth, and Veracruz is ahead, 6-2, aided in part by an error which was a real heartbreaker. The right fielder made an amazing throw to home from deep in right field territory. The throw was right on the money and arrived with plenty of time remaining to tag out the base runner.

The catcher dropped the ball, and the run scored....

10. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Game last night was stopped on account of rain, then resumed. The top of the ninth the Tigres scored three more runs to tie the game, 6-6. Veracruz couldn't do anything, bottom of the ninth. It went to ten innings. Top of the 10th the Tigres didn't get anything done. Bottom of the tenth Veracruz scored a run, and that was that, a 7-6 win for Veracruz.

The Tigres still lead the series, 2-1, with game four tonight at 6 PM. Perhaps it will be televised so we don't need to miss any of the action. These two teams are evenly matched, and both are playing at the top of their game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice