Playa Delfines

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jen***, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Correct. At the very least anything that involves politics. CC has tried to steer clear of local demonstrations or political controversies in the past for... obvious reasons.

2. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From what I heard on the radio this morning, rather than it being a protest with banners, screaming etc it's really just the locals going to the beach as if it's a normal day. But the emphasis is there, that we don't want the construction to take place. Unfortunately I can't go as I'm working, but they are asking for as many people as possible to go to the beach as if it's a normal Sunday for families etc.

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jen you will have to update us after Sunday, please and thanks. Just wanted to bump it up so no one misses this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    They cant lose this beautiful beach.

4. Singer

Singer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To develop Playa Delfines would be a travesty. I have always enjoyed going by there and watching families enjoying the beach with no commercial enterprises whatsoever. To take away that kind of meeting place would be a crying shame.

Peace! :cool:

5. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did anyone see the sit in??? How bout you Jen**.

6. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was working on Sunday so couldn't go. But my husband went and said it was busy with lots of people and families.

7. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Jen** for the update. I sure hope that they leave this beach alone. To beautiful to ruin with more hotels or condos.

8. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The last news are it is done :evil:

They are going to build a huge condo building, with a beach club, and they will leave a narrow path for those :roll: who still want to access the beach. What a shame.

But there is another scandal. They are destroying a school in Parque las Palapas to build a shopping center. When and where are they going to stop destroying this beautiful place :?:

They are collecting signatures to protest against those projects, but since they are not anymore projects, what can be done?

9. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NOOOOOOOO!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

THOSE FOOLS!!!

10. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hadn't heard the deal is done! What a shame. I know there is another protest on the beach this Sunday where they are actually collecting signatures. But if the deal is done, nothing can be achieved by it now really.
    Such idiots!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice