Playa Delfines

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jen***, Jun 5, 2007.

1. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Some of you locals may have heard that there is a possibility that Playa Delfines will be sold to build a hotel.
    This is Cancun's LAST untouched beach and the view is amazing (it's right up by the Hilton, the first beach you see when entering the hotel zone from the airport).
    So if any of you are free on Sunday at 12pm there will be a protest up there, trying to prevent the sale.
    The least the government could do is leave us one beauty spot in Cancun, untouched by construction!
    :evil:

2. Corona_couple

Corona_couple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stopped at Delphines last year on our trip,,,the beach and water are so amazing, ive never seen anything like it. We would be there to protest in a heart beat if we could! We won't be there til Tuesday. That stretch of beach was full of families and locals enjoying where they live! It most certainly should not have a hotel on it! Thats part of what made it so beautiful , was watching the families, kids all enjoy what belongs to them!

Will be with you in spirit to keep Delphines as is!!! :D

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Say it isnt so. That is our favorite beach. :cry: :mad: :evil:

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    :evil:

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why why why would they do that???? After all the recent problems with the new construction of condos, you would think they would not even consider pursuing this right now! GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

6. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CancunCanuck, why you ask, I'm guessing $$$ probably is the best guess at an answer.

Jen, do me a favor, go and protest and scream some chants for me since I can't be there in person to make my voice be heard?

212eric

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It always does come to down money Eric! I know you often read the papers down here, just wondering if you had caught any of the recent gafuffle about the new condo developments not meeting the environmental standards. My understanding is that they are now trying to stop some of the condo developments that have already started, and they are trying to pull the plug on others before they begin.

Today's Novedades has this story that says Delfines is "untouchable".....

http://www.novenet.com.mx/seccion.php?id=52739&sec=3&d=05&m=06&y=2007

8. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CancunCanuck, thank you so much for that update, it sounds encouraging.

I would be very happy to see Cancun receive the protection from the Mexican Gvt. it deserves... but seldom seems to get.

212eric

9. jimelko

jimelko Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi It is my understanding thats it is illegal for non citizens to join protest in Mexico, if i am wrong sorry , but I would not join a protest as a visitor to any country , But I do love the view at that beach

10. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Holy FCUK! That would be bu!!$h!# !!!!!! Playa Delfines has a special place in my heart for a couple reasons: Like Jen said, it's the first beach you see coming up the strip, therefore, my first view of the Carribbean... then after cruising the strip that night, we went back to Delfines and slept on the beach. Right on the beach. I woke up briefly to see the sunrise, then slept a couple more hours and woke up to see an iguana coming out of the hillside. Like five feet away, if that. It freaked me out... until I saw another already sunning himself on a rock and realized if they wanted me, they would have gotten me long before... I spent a good chunk of time there in my day, and look forward to going back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice