Playa Del Carmen

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by bigdickcadillac, Jan 30, 2008.

1. bigdickcadillac

bigdickcadillac Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How far is this place from Cancun and does it have any night life at all??

We have a friend who works at a resort over there and would like to see us but she might not get work off so she wants us to go there...

Any info about this would be great

2. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought of doing a day tour here.. Don't know if they have a night one, but here's the link if you want to check it out...

http://www.cancuncare.com/Playa_Del_Carmen/tour.htm

They have a bunch of bars...

I figured one day i'd go down to check out out, and maybe go on over and check out Cozmel too $30 isn't too bad to go down and back..You are on your own once you get there though.. Like to get a bunch of CC peeps together and do this.. If you wanna go, you all can go to...

3. Tacoma101

Tacoma101 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Playa is nice, if youre into something waaaay laid back. Its gonna be a good 90 minute + drive from the hotel zone.

There are a few bars but it would be a far cry from the Cancun nightlife

4. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It takes less than an hour to get to Playa del Carmen from Cancun.

You can take a bus from the bus station in downtown Cancun
    right to 5th Avenue in Playa for a few dollars.

5. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is $30 roundtrip a bad price then?

They even pick you up at your hotel I think.

Here is what it says:

6. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    for my last 3 trips to Cancun, I have rented a jeep and driven to Paya Del Carmen for a day. it takes only 45 minutes to get to.

there are many bars along the ave. and lots of shops and restaurants as well. I have not stayed there for the nite life cause I always had to get the jeep back by the next morning. But talking to ppl staying there, they tell me theres only like 2 or 3 clubs and that the nite life is nowhere close to Cancun.

I will go back this year when I go back to cancun in June. but this time I am going to stay overnite, party and see for myself what the nite life is like. I walked into one of the hotels on the ave. and asked how much for 1 nite, and the guy told me $25. better then driving back to the hotel zone at 4-5am all drunk!!!!!

7. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have done the playa tour , the bus and I have drove a car there.

In my opinion , the tour with the bus is a good deal if you don't speak Spanish and/or you don't know the downtown area. or you are hungover and don't want to deal with the hassle. then the tour is the way to go

taking the bus from the downtown bus station is cheap and very clean . to get to the station , you could take the bus from the hotel zone and get off at the first stop in downtown, take a taxi to the bus station ( downtown taxis are like US$2.50)

renting a car , for springbreakers , in my opinion is not a good idea. lots of things could go wrong. it really depends on the individual. I've seen too many accidents and too many B.S. "damages" charged to students. Again , just my thoughts.

I went to Cozumel , pretty bored , I will probably never go back. unless you are a diver then I understand it is prime. I hate to dis Cozumel but Cancun , Playa , and Isla de Mujeres have too much going on to visit Cozumel.

Playa is laid back , like these guys said , it's for honeymooners/ couples

Andres "the German" owns Carlos and Charlies in Playa - It's my favorite bar there

So , If there was a hot chic in Playa waiting on you , then I would take the bus and make sure you know the return location and time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice