Playa Del Carmen

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Ben Gaz, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Ben Gaz

Ben Gaz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wondering if anyone has stayed at either the Catalonia Yukatan or the Grand Xcaret Occidental? If so, what did you think of these places and which one would you recomend?

Thanks

2. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guy...long time no see!!!

I haven't stayed at either...but the Occidental one got a total makeover after the hurricane....and I had friends stay there and loved it. I know nothing about the other property you mentioned.

I'm sure either one will be great....heck, a crappy hotel on the beach is better than any day in my hometown. :cool:

3. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lol what am I talking about....hahahaha...I was talking about the Occidental Grand in Cozumel...not playa. lol

sorry Ben....hehe...I just realized my goof!

4. jakif

jakif Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stated at the Grand Xcaret a couple of years ago and it was excellent. The service was great as was the food. I think when we stayed there we got a free day at the Eco Park which was wonderful. Enjoy...JakiF

5. Ben Gaz

Ben Gaz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have read some reviewson TA and it seems to be a good place, the Occidental I mean. I just found a great price for the Yukatan and it also seems good, so now I'm confused.

6. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    let me check out the pics of the two...then I'll tell you which one I would pick :cool:

7. Ben Gaz

Ben Gaz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have finally booked!! We were supposed to be going with some friends but they have decided that right now isn't the right time for them, no problem though, I'm sure we will go another time together. Anyways, we found a good deal for us at the Riu Caribe in Cancun and took it. We have been to this hotel on a day pass before and loved the beach and the pool and really wanted to go here one day..well, we are now going. Can't wait!!

May 27th - June 4th we will be there...anyone else?

8. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riu Cancun was one of the properties I visited and it was very nice. I will warn that the room that we were shown, the bed was super firm...I mean, more firm than I have had at the other places I have stayed in Mexico. So you might bring a foam egg crate if you need some softness to your bed.

Then again, it could have been just the room we were shown...but thats my only advice.

And between the other two you mentioned, after looking at photos...I would like the Xcaret one for luxury, the other one for its smaller size, because we like a smaller scale....all of the photos I found were fabulous.

I think ya'll will have a great time at the RIU...I have never really heard many complaints there at all...in fact, one of my travel agent buddies, thats the #1 place he sends his people because he has had such good reports and experience with them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice