PLAYA and CANCUN TRIP REPORT ~ DAY 6 ~

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by janie, Dec 8, 2007.

1. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NOVEMBER 2007 - TUESDAY :cool:

We were up at 7:30, got ready for the day.

We walked to the Plaza Caracol, there is remodeling going on there, too.

The Starbucks was open, so we got a breakfast panini and finally, some GOOD coffee. :D

Back to the Ambiance!

The pool, looking toward the breakfast restaurant ...

[​IMG]

The breakfast restaurant ...

[​IMG]

Oh, look, it's my own personal bombero ...

[​IMG]

We stayed on the beach all day, and took a walk ... here's where Norb parked our yacht ...

[​IMG]

Looking toward the Fiesta Americana Vacation Club ...

[​IMG]

A beach vendor selling his blankets ...

[​IMG]

For lunch we had a club sandwich and fries at the hotel's beachfront restaurant, tasty and cheap :D ...

[​IMG]

We still couldn't believe how empty, quiet and peaceful it is here!

We really enjoyed the day, just relaxing on the beach.

We had big plans for this evening, so we went inside to shower and dress for dinner.

About 5 o'clock we went outside to get the bus downtown.

We got off the bus on Tulum, and walked toward the park.

There's a beautiful new restaurant, IKI Resto Bar, right near the park ...

[​IMG]

We were meeting Elizabeth, Laura and Becky (who all live in Cancun), along with the famous T.J. (or is it infamous :lol: )

Oh, we were soooo happy to see them all again! :D

And to top it off, Elizabeth presented me with a gorgeous candle holder that she made herself, using real shells that she found on the beach!

I love it, it's sitting on my desk, and I will cherish it always, Elizabeth! :lotsoflove:

What a wonderful evening!

The restaurant is gorgeous inside and outside, the food was very good, the service was wonderful!

We met one of the restaurant owners, a very good looking Texan!

Our waiter was great, too.

And the company was excellent. :D

Elizabeth, our dear friend, who lives in Cancun, writes a blog.

I love to read her blog, because I feel like I'm keeping in touch with her even when I'm not.

(I love Joyce's blog, too! And, Joyceeee, we really missed you this trip! :cry: )

Elizabeth wrote a segment of her blog entitled "Making Friends Online".

I could never express myself as well as she does, but I'll try to give you a synopsis ...

Elizabeth said how the internet is such a great thing, and you can get to know people from all over the world,
    and I think she mentioned that you can even do it NEKKID! :shock:

Although she insisted that she personally would NEVER surf the net nekkid! :lol:

I hope she won't mind if I quote a portion of her blog here:

:typing:

"Last night I was lucky enough to have dinner again with Janie & Norb. We met several years ago, have kept in contact, and whenever they are in town we try to visit with each other. Janie and Norb have been coming to Cancun since 1985. My love for Cancun could never beat theirs and there's something that keeps them coming back, over and over and over again.

Also in attendance was my good friend Laura whom I met online and had an instant connection with via the online forums. Becky AKA Lurker Girl was there (she reads all your posts and knows EVERYTHING about you but she is just a lurker so you know NOTHING about her ). And the well known T.J., who also vacationed here over and over again and now lives in both Cancun and Florida at the same time. A few weeks here, and a few weeks there. HOW NICE! The best of both worlds!

We went to dinner at Iki Resto Bar which is located in Parque las Palapas and enjoyed reminscing of the past and sharing in each others company.

While there are bad people out there on the internet (just like there are in real life), there are oh so many good ones too! I for one thank my lucky stars that I have the friends I have because of the awesome technology of the internet.

Nice seeing you guys again. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation and have a safe trip home!"

:cool:

I totally agree with Elizabeth ...

Norb and I have met about 40 of our "cyber friends" in person, and they are now our REAL FRIENDS.

And, I thank MY lucky stars that those people are in my life! :lotsoflove:

Here we are at IKI ... Norb, Laura, Elizabeth, me and T.J.

[​IMG]

Becky wants to keep her lurker status, :sofa: ... so she took the picture.

We finally had to say goodnight to the three adorable chicas, aren't they lucky that they live in Cancun?

Then T.J. drove us back to our hotel, and we said goodnight to him, too.

HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL OF YOU! :ladiesman:

... and we can't wait to see you all again!

[​IMG]

:cool: TOMORROW ... SUNSHINE, DOLPHINS AND DINNER WITH MORE PEOPLE WE LOVE! :cool:

2. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All of you look so happy to be in each others company!!

3. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    At least we know that Janie was indeed in Cancun...

but I don't see any nekkidness :-|

Hopefully we can all enjoy going back to Cancun year after year to see our friends.

:)

4. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, finally a picture of Janie !

Nice pic of you and Norb and your amigos.

I bet the Ambiance will get some business after reading this report.

5. LadyLegs

LadyLegs Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That was great Janie!!

I agree there are some great people here in cyberspace!!

6. Cdn Cat

Cdn Cat Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Love having my virtual vacation through your trip reports Janie! I especially love the pics of the Ambiance. This is the hotel I worked at many moons ago when I lived in paradise. Back in the day when it was the Kin Ha and long before the convenience of the Internet.....ahhh brings back so many memories. The best beach in all of Cancun for sure.
    I never actually met Elizabeth on any of my trips to Cancun but have brought her kool-aid fixes in the past. We share a common addiction! Kool-aid of all things LOL.
    Is there still a dive shack on the beach at the Presidente side of the Ambiance?

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now I am really bummed that I forgot to go to Iki that night all because of the Dancing with the Stars Final . I ended up missing that too because I fell asleep right before the very end.
    Janie your trip reports really are the best, just the right amount of information but not so much that you bore I have enjoyed reading them in the past and still do, you are funny and hopefully I will meet you in person next time you come.
    One of these days I will meet the Famous/Infamous??? TJ.

8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Caroline ... thank you for your very sweet comments!

Congrats on IKI ... it really is a great restaurant, we LOVED our dinner, and the furniture is gorgeous!
    (loved your nephew, too!)

Dancing With the Stars vs Meeting me and T.J. ?!?!?! ... you probably made the right choice!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  10. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the kind words Janie. Was really great to see you and Norby again.

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice