Plane Tickets Expensive

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by P H I L A D E L P H, Jan 7, 2007.

1. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The plane tickets to cancun for march are way more expensive then they've been for the past 3 years. I can't find a good, all inclusive deal, for less than like $1500-$1700 per person.

2004: I paid $900 all inclusive at the flamingo, non stop flights in morning.
    2005: I paid $980 all inclusive at el pueblito, non stop flights in the morning.
    2006: I paid $1200 all inclusive at the oasis, non stop flights in the morning.

2007: they want over $1600 per person with no travel insurance, at the oasis with a flight that won't get me to cancun until 10:00pm to miss my whole first day, even more for a morning flight with a lay over.

im still hunting but i know i have to book soon. anyone else having this type of problem? this is nuts. im pissed.

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    what are your dates, out of what airport, and how many people?

3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we had this problem. we had to switch our dates a bit

4. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FIRE YOUR AGENT IMMEDIATELY

5. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    flying out of philadelphia international, either 6 or 9 people. people who want to go can't give me a definite yes until they hear a price. 6 people are guaranteed so far tho. trying to get the sat-sat for peak week, march 10-17

early flights comming and going is my goal. apple vacation had the best deals through USA 3000 airlines for the past few years but now even they are jacked up.

6. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you might want t ochange hotels then. just a suggestion

7. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea not really an option, i refuse to stay anywhere else, so does most of the guys going.

the money isn't such a problem to most of the 6 garunteed problem but for the other guys we want to come, it would be a huge stretch for them.

8. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well if not an option you will have to pay...or keep searching the sites for a better deal...

9. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Flight + Hotel $2,996 ($1,498 per person)Your Trip - 2 Adults
    Change Flight
    Flight - 2 Round Trip Tickets - 2 Adults

Sat, Mar 10
    Depart: 09:50am Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) to
    Arrive: 12:55pm Cancun (CUN)
    US Airways
    Flight 745

Sat, Mar 17
    Depart: 02:15pm Cancun (CUN) to
    Arrive: 07:51pm Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
    US Airways
    Flight 1274

Hotel - 1Room, 7Nights
    Oasis Cancun All-Inclusive, Cancun, ROO
    Sat, Mar 10 Check In
    Sat, Mar 17 Check Out

on travelocity

10. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the info, i was hoping to pay like 1300 per person. it is possible. you just have to find the airlines that dont' deal with sites like travelocity and expedia. my usual go to airline for cancun is USA 3000 because for the past two years they have tickets for $99 each way, non stop flights (+tax came to around $400 per person round trip) this year they are $100 more and sold out.

i will check air tran and some other airlines that go philly - cancun.

i could also possibly fly out of newark or new york in jersey. baltimore would be a stretch and a last resort.

ill figure it out.

apple vacation has flights available this year for the right dates for 700+ a person though usa 3000, last year they were about half that price. mabye some airlines will add more flights for those dates soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice