pirate dinner cruise jungle speedboat tour

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by candigirlfreak, Jul 20, 2008.

1. candigirlfreak

candigirlfreak Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just wandering if anyone has done either one of these they both seem like fun was wandering the price and was it worth it thanks for any help on this

2. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We did both on our last trip & the Pirate dinner cruise was a reapeat for us. We really enjoyed both of them. The Pirate dinner cruise is actually good food (IMO) and the drinks were flowing! Both G and I got pretty tore up! The entertainment is fun too.

We liked the jungle tour too. The "jungle" part not sure we figured out why it was called that either because you ride past the "concrete jungle" of Cancun or the small mangroves are the "jungle". Either way it was fun. You ride in a speed boat (2 people to a boat) with a guide and then get out and snorkle. The boat back. I wish the actual snorkle part was a bit longer tho. But I have to get used to snorkeling...anything over my nose KILLS me so it takes me about 1/2 the time we were there to get used to it without freaking out.

3. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We did the Pirate Cruise a few years ago and it was a blast. Absolutely recommend it for price and entertainment.

4. twoxtrouble4u

twoxtrouble4u Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    We did the jungle tour and it was really nice. The snorkling was great and we seen a aligator on the way back thru the lagoon. Just keep your eyes open. It was a nice trip.

5. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We have done the jungle tour but I would suggest taking the one offered by Aqua world downtown, much better IMO!

6. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    We did the Pirate Cruise (recommend the red boat), in April and it was a blast! Good food, entertainment, & lots of booze!! We recommend it here!! :lol:

7. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    We have done the Jungle Tour twice - it is a great 1/2 day activity. If you decide to do it go early when it is cooler and the sealife are more active. The nice part of it is if you go early, you are still back poolside for the after lunch entertainment!!
    Enjoy

8. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dave & Rose...what is the difference in the Jungle Tours that make the Aqua World so much better? Do I need to try it with them next time? :D

9. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We liked it better because it was on Sea Doos instead of the speed boats and the ride through the mangroves was better we thought.

10. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    The Jungle Speedboat tour is fun, although I'd hardly call the jungle a jungle and the speedboat a speedboat.

That said, you're issued a little two-seat outboard "speedboat" with a 40-HP engine on it, that at full throttle will make about 15 mph or so - I guess that's plenty fast enough on the water with novice boat drivers (I'm not a novice, so would have enjoyed much more power).

You go touring through a mangrove swamp, out across the lagoon, then back through the swamp and out into the open ocean to go snorkeling for 40 minutes then repeat the ride back. The ride through the mangroves is fun. You play follow the leader with your guide, and if everyone in your group is keen, you go pretty fast through some tight curves and stuff in the swamp.

That's pretty much it. Snorkeling is on the reef at the south end of the hotel zone - you'll see several dozen of the boats all tied up, and hundreds of snorkelers. Not bad snorkeling - not great either.

All in all, worth the money, but know the real deal on it.

We did a Pirates Night 22 years ago - not sure if it's changed much since then but suffice it to say you drink a lot, laugh a lot and say ARR! a lot. Fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice