Phone calls

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Nate and Alicia, Feb 10, 2009.

1. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Phones

I know that Sprint and Verizon have a monthly plan that you can add for international calling, Sprints is like 4 dollars a month and you can add it before you go and take it off when you come home,
    But alls that 4 dollars does is takes off the additional Roaming charges, you still have the International Roaming charge which is usually around 50 cents or more for most companies. You may want to call and check Terry, you may want to double check with your service provider, cause that monthly charge you spoke of, sounds very similiar to what I have , but I still have the minute charge while im down there.

2. seattletnt

seattletnt Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try Skype, it works through the internet, pennies a minute. The wifi at the hotel is $15 a day or $5 a half hour in the lobby. I was very happy to have it last year.

3. TnA

TnA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you buy a calling card here in the US, remember to call and activate it for use in Mexico prior to going. We forgot one year and had to buy cards when we got there.

We have AT&T wireless and the plan is $5/month and 59 cents perminute OR you can just activate international calling and just pay 99 cents a min. with no plan. We texted last year and were not charged an additional fee, but we have unlimited texting so not sure if that is why.

4. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    You know its funny you should mention Skype, I was just tinkering with that today because it comes with the new version of Myspace instant messenger, and alls you have to do is purchase more time....have you used skype through Myspace IM or another way... how does it work and have you tried it at the hotel? Thanks for any information on that, I was just about to call them tomorrow, but id rather hear it from someone that has used it before

5. Nate and Alicia

Nate and Alicia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the responses. We have AT&T also and it sounds like maybe the calling cards would be the way to go! We have just a little over a week to go untill we are there and this helped make our decision. Thanks everyone! :wink:

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Another option, rent a cellphone from http://www.cancunvalet.com that way you can receive incoming calls easily and dont have to hang around in your room or shout over the loud traffic on the street.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice