Philly Cheese Steaks ..... So sad ... It's gone for good

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Vic, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Vic

Vic Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Before any gossip starts in regards to Philly Cheese Steaks closing please be advised that I have this information from Ralph personally.

Last Monday April 20th Ralph and carol closed their restaurant as per some very well deserved vacations they took for 1 week. After over 7 years of business opening 6 days a week they had never had a full week vacations where both would take off and enjoy life.

During these leisure days they talked about their long already potential decision of actually retiring for good. Today I received a call full of both joy and sorrow.

Ralph shared with me their decision of not reopening the restaurant again as they thought by doing it and notify people of their closing the business they would leave an open window to be convinced (again) of continuing.

There is no other reason for their closing other than their personal decision to enjoy life as retired expats and continue living in Cancun.

I am sure we all will miss those tasty Philly Cheese Steaks and a very cold one in the middle of the day or after a hard day’s work.

Good luck to my friends Ralph and Carol, I will not miss you as I’ll continue to you around.

Vic
    --

2. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh nooo
    why don't they just get someone to run it?
    I only seem to go there when my parents come to stay but Carol and Ralph are so nice! The cheesesteaks are yummy too!

3. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sad to hear it's gone too.

Ralph & Carol were always warm & friendly, and the food was delicious & filling.

Good Luck to them both...and I hope they enjoy their well-deserved retirement.

4. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We wish them the best as well. It is sad because we loved the food and the 10 peso beer. Enjoy your retirement!

5. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As a Philly resident, I can say that the Cheesesteaks were OK, but they did great with what they had...it's all about the roll. I was in there in March, and Carol mentioned to me that they they were thinking of closing. It got me thinking that I would love to take it over...but Carol said the location wasn't all that great. I wish my fellow Philly peeps all the best....

And Vic, did you sell a business in March? There was a man in there while I was there that just sold a restaurant? Just curious

6. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First...let me tell you....I used to be a serious carnivor. A few years back, we had the BEST day of our lives in Cancun. We went to the cheesesteak place with Steve, Jannet, Cheeze and Tracie. We ate Cheesesteaks, went to the beach, and sat at an outdoor bar. We spent the best part of the day just chiling, and having the best vacation ever. I have never been to Philly, but these cheesteaks were to die for.

Thank you for the memories Big Daddy

Steve, Jannet, and the sweet Dani......we hope we will see you this year. We will be here May 9-16

7. chief1101

chief1101 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ralphs

:flagusa:

Is this the Ralph's behind Kuklakan Mall? We have been going there for

years... Hate they are leaving (retiring) I know it is well deserved. Can

someone advise if this is the same place? Have they already gone or has

there been a date set for closing? Don't guess anyone knows if they have

an email address and would be willing to share it?

Thanks, Patrick, Hot Springs, Arkansas US

8. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mall

Chief1101,

If you meant Plaza Caracol...yes, that is the place. I think only Villas Marlin and Tucancun Beach hotel are behind Plaza Kukulkan, but I could be wrong.

9. elleboogs

elleboogs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am sooooo sad to hear they closed their little restaurant - it was one of the places that truly reminded me of "home" - also, they were wonderful ppl!! I used to eat there ALLL the time, but that is when I worked in the HZ.

I've sent lots of ppl there over the years as well!!!

Here's hoping someone opens one up that is just as good - maybe more in the centro?? Tori....??!!!

10. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you gonna go into business with me Lauren? :wink: Trust me, when Carol said that they wanted to retire, I was VERY close to calling my Dad to see what I could do. I got one of the Spring Break shirts they were giving out. I feel privlaged to own it now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice