Personal water purifier

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by lambert13, Jun 22, 2007.

1. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Saw a link for this on a gadget website and thought it was cool. It might be good for people who travel to the more remote areas or those that are super paranoid about getting sick from the water.

Water Purifier on Amazon

2. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. mexitel

mexitel Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The UV light things would probably be much more effective at impressing your friends and as conversation starters than the tablets, I would think.

If UV light really kills all germs (even the smallest ones), does that mean that if I put a UV light in my bedroom that there's no longer a need to shower? :lol:

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think those tablets are just iodine tablets. Backpackers have been using iodine tablets to purify water for years. But iodine makes the water taste horrible! You pretty much have to mask the iodine flavor by making tea or kool aid of something with that water, it's that bad.

I've used portable filters with some success. But most of my backpacking has been high in the mountains and I usually would end up just drinking from a running stream and not worrying about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice