personal assistant seeking a job

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by jahac_vjetra, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jahac_vjetra

jahac_vjetra Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My girlfriend is a trained caregiver (sweden nursing school) with 20 years expirience. any chance to find a job as personal assistant in American-Canadian community . thank in advance:lurking:

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Interesting. This is the kind of thing that could be exploited and create some interesting opps for the individual, as well as the potential to grow this into a successful business, here. They would have to be willing to start small, be adaptable, learn Spanish over time, and initially get themselves a visa to work independently here. To do that, all educational and professional documentation would have to be certified and apostilled. The Mexican Embassy might also require that the documents be translated into by a person recognized by Mexico as an expert (perito): the Embassy probably has a list of these, in Sweden, for example).

Armed with permission to work independently, they could travel to Mexico and offer their services. They should come prepared to experience a slow start, so that means having a depth of financial resources that would allow them to maintain themselves here for say a year, largely on their own resources. Communicating their availability to the community of expats, they could slowly build a following.

Although there are wealthy expats here, those who are often chose to return home, rather than try to work out care here. Your girlfriend could offer them an alternative to that, especially if she quickly learned Spanish so she could coordinate their care, easily. Even this wouldn't be necessary, initially, as the medical community has many providers who speak English, Galenia Hospital being an example.

I came here under somewhat similar circumstances, had services to offer, got permission to work independently, and things flowed from there....

In the event a visa to work independently proved hard to get, for any reason, a corporation could be established and she could work under its umbrella. Health care is an area in which I have an intrinsic interest, my first work here in Cancun having been in the Medical Education Dept of IMSS and I would be happy to meet this lady and discuss the possibilities, should she decide to visit here before setting up shop.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  3. jahac_vjetra

jahac_vjetra Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks v, will be our pleasure to meet you !!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice