Permission to Fly

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Sep 18, 2013.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you V. The medical treatment that i´ve booked, would you think they need to know what and where?

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I would think merely stating you are traveling to the U.S. to seek medical advice and treatment should be enough. You never know, though, till you try it. You could always amend the letter, later, to add more detail, if necessary.

They shouldn't question that you prefer to have your medical care in the U.S., and the long processing time for your case should make them feel just a little kindly disposed to your request.

Still, I'd check on your principle tramite, as well, as that thing needs to be nudged along, in any case.

3. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On the main tramite. I think I mentioned before but I left it months. Went in the other week, the lady said 'all good' here's your form to pay, just check online tomorrow to make sure changed. Nothing for 1 week. Went in, they requested wedding certificate (6th time in 6 years) and then brought it back, they thought it was fake! LOL! So they said thanks and to wait till it changes online, 1 week later, nothing has changed.

Thank you for your help V. Attempting online form tonight!

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Good luck with that, Sam!

I started filling out the online personal data form required for the final step in the permanent residency requirement for my wife and realized I had some things I'd need to discuss with her, before we went further.

To keep things simple, it's necessary to give thought to the impression created on the other side by the things we submit, if we want things to go smoothly. None of this is rocket science, but it is possible to screw things up, if everything is not done thoughtfully.

5. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    went this morning. Queued since 7.15, got in at 10am. 30 mins in there with info desk and white ticket in hand, got to desk. Fire drill with a few working in red or green waistcoats and a whistle that didn't work. We all stood outside next to the other building near the road while everyone had that look of 'oh no how will I ever get back my place in the line, after the initial four fights I had to get there in the first place'. Thankfully I went right in and back to the desk, after they shoved everyone to the left of the door and said 'workers in first', as organized as ever!

So I did my form online, paid at 8.30 (while wife saved my place) and then dropped everything off. the lady shrugged, kind of said 'ok, come back before you go'. I said what Wednesday, she checked I flew Thursday and then said 'si, ok?' and I said 'esta seguro' and she said 'si', so I left!

I hope it's ok (worried as hell face!)

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    They screen these at intake, so everything is OK.

The worst that has happened, in my experience, is that the doc wasn't ready when I got there, on the appointed day, so they did it while I waited.

Good luck!

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    With tomorrow being the day you're going to be picking up your permiso, be sure to let us know how it went!

Good luck!

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am going to pick up my Permiso too. Early, early, early.

Paying someone to get in line at 6:30 and I am showing up about 7:30.

In about a week or so, while I am gone abroad, my RP card should be there.

I was approved in 11 days. A bit longer now thanks to DF having fingers in the pie.

Maybe see you there Sam.

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    By PM I've invited both Sam and T.J. to tell us how it went for them, that last day, which of course could be interesting to others who will need to face this process, at some point.

10. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Neither Sam nor T.J. has provided details of their visit to pick up the Permiso, but I hope they will, for completeness' sake.

As for my wife's application, the online notification system shows it was ready to pickup the next day after it was filed. Here's what appears in the INM website for her case-

Los estatus del trámite son los siguientes:

30/09/2013 El trámite ha sido registrado
    30/09/2013 Ha sido asignado el tipo de trámite
    01/10/2013 Presentarse en una oficina del INM

We'll go today to get it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice