Permission to Fly

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Sep 18, 2013.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know it's been discussed before but couldn't find it. Can someone please tell me what the situation is if you are waiting for a permanent visa but need to fly abroad? I need my ticket first right and then have to go to IMN to apply for permission? Would you recommend a minimum amount of time, any tips or info you can give me please?

2. 40lovekathy

40lovekathy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did this last year while I was waiting for an fm3. I had to write a letter and take my ticket, they processed it in 24 hours. The new system has so many changes..... I would be inclined to confirm this is still the case....

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    This is plenty complicated enough in itself.

First, they want you to present your completed online application with supporting documents exactly five business days before your trip. They promise it to be ready in that time. Your supporting documents will include a letter, written in Spanish, bajo protesta de decir la verdad, which identifies the tramite that is pending, and gives your reasons for needing to leave the country before the process is completed. (This should approximate something of an urgent matter.) You will have to have paid the fee for the permission and present the original receipt and two copies to get the process started (get the form at the information desk inside and pay at Banercito, next door.) You will have to present a photo of yourself, frontal view, white background, no jewelry, hair brushed back (if that's an issue!), and a copy of your itinerary. I would include a copy of my passport photo page, and a copy of the document given you when you filed your application for residency, which identifies your case.

Your online application must enumerate, in the comments section, each and every document you are submitting with the application for permission to leave.

This is a pain, but we have been through it many times without a hitch.

4. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you V for detailing all of that.

Wow that sounds complicated! Does this have anything to do with the other end in the US? I mean they won't even look at that document in immigration there, just my passport right?

Any idea how much the fee is?

Also what do you mean about online application, I have to login and add the information about permission to leave and what documents I am handing in before I go and do it (say tomorrow once I have my flights booked) or they will do that, sorry I don't understand that part.

5. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any idea where we submit this online application? My wife said she looked and found nothing?

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It is, in a way.

Nothing to do with that, it's all about Mexico.

Seems I recall $320.

Naw, that's not it, what you're doing is starting another tramite, while the original one is still in process, this one for permission to leave.

The online application, which can be found at Inicio - Instituto Nacional de MigraciĆ³n is among the tramites. It's listed, along with others you can choose from. To complete the online application successfully, you would have to know all the docs you were planning to submit, so you could enumerate them in the comments section. This document, aside from your signature, is prepared entirely online, but the attachments are physical ones, filed with the application.

7. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi V,

Other people have said (on FB) they just went to Immigration and did this and didn't mention anything about online application. Is this something new?

Thank you very much for the info, I will attempt to get this done once I have my flights purchased.

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bajo protesta de decir la verdad
    So this would be something like.......

I am applying for a temporary permission to leave the country because my permanent residency visa XXXXX is still processing since April 2013. I need to leave the country because I have a vacation booked for this time to see friends in ....

9. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry V but I have to get the forms and pay before I do the online application or afterwards?

10. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You prepare the online application, and print it and sign it, before you go to the INM offices.

You can get the payment form, and make the payment, anytime before you present your application at the INM offices.
    The use of the online application process has been in effect for a long time. As for others' experiences I can't say; but, I've filed perhaps eight to ten of these, and never had any problems, over the last three years, or so.
    You should go check on the status of your case, if you haven't already: this is a very long time in process.

With the excuse you're offering, I'd be a little worried they won't give you permission to leave. You should consider whether you are not going to the U.S. for medical treatment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice