Permanent Residency Requirements

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Nov 12, 2012.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Right, I think Steve was referring to something he'd heard had happened here.
    I believe you'd spoken about sponsoring your wife in: you could only do that on a residence visa, whether temp or permanent.

Frankly, for many people, just coming in on a 180 visa free entry makes sense, especially if they have any issues meeting the new, and very much higher standards for financial self-sufficiency (I remember you saying this is not an issue for you, Dave).

2. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great point! With that, I have decided: permanent residence it is. Thanks V.

It'll be interesting to see how much more than his usual FM3 renewal fee, of $350 US, Mauricio charges for the P. R. application for me. He stands to lose that annual renewal revenue from his regular FM3 clients with the new law, methinks. But he's a good guy, and he'll surely find clients elsewhere in need of help with INM.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,210 / 14
    I'm paying him 3000 pesos for mine. Mine may be a more simple case though.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,210 / 14
    What I was told:

seems to definitely differ from this:

I'm paying someone to deal with the new rules so I don't really bother to check other sites in any detail - especially those based out of other cities. I don't keep copies of documents that expired years ago so had I been on 2 years of FM3 and 2 of FM2 this may have proved to be an issue, and is a heads up for people in Cancun to be aware of.

(I should add typing in CAPS and issuing orders are not conducive to a pleasant forum experience, folks are just trying to help.)

5. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My apologies; I was not trying to be an ass, but it may have seemed so due to the caps & curtness.

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Permanent Residency based on points

My application for permanent residency based on points, filed on 23 Nov, has now advanced, on 12 Dec, to "ha sido clasificado", which I've always understood as tantamount to approved. Hope that proves to be the case!

7. limejello

limejello Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm glad to hear it, V!

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks, Limejello, that's very kind of you!

V.

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Steve, have you checked recently, online, to see how that application for permanent residency may be coming?

INM has a big break for the holidays, starting on the 20th, I believe. This will probably stop everything dead in its tracks for awhile.

10. 40lovekathy

40lovekathy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was at the ins office today and applied for permanent residency..... A couple of points to note:
    On the required letter: they insisted that the name of the department head be printed... I have received 2 prior fm3's from this office and that was new.... I couldn't write the name in I had to go and recreate the the document and take it back.

They did require my bank statements

My first 3 fm3's were obtained in the us and if I had not had a copy of the 1st I would have had a problem... They only had record of the 2 I obtained in Cancun.... So be prepared..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice