Period for payment of predial

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Nov 14, 2014.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi, has anyone heard when the period in which we may pay the predial for this year opened, or will open?

Last year I paid in December, but I want to be sure I get the best discount so I need to know just a little more.

My brief search online netted me nothing.

2. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In past years the max discount always starts with the period beginning Dec 1 , most years the max discount period ends on Dec 31 but in 2009 they ended it on Dec 15. Always best to go there around Dec 9 or 10 to make sure everything is ready (bills) and you are well before the deadline

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi, Steve, yes, you're right about the opening date, it's Dec 1 again this year.

I always like to get the max discount, using the INAPAM card, so I'll be taking a bunch of originals and copies of things with me, just in case they request it, including the paid receipt from last year; my INAPAM card; the page of my escritura which shows ownership, via a fideicomiso, in my wife and I; and, for extra measure, my passport and immigration document.

Because the discount is personal, and the escritura shows the owner as my bank, I have to make the link between it and me as well. Each time I've gotten the discount it's had to be done by the attorney for the department, who works there alongside the others on busy days.

The discount is not applied to excess valuation above about 1.2 million pesos so I only get a part of the 50% INAPAM discount, but I still consider it a worthwhile investment of time.

4. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi V

Have your paid yet? Do you know what the discount offered this year is 15% o 20% and when is the last day for maximum discount?

5. JeffandShannan

JeffandShannan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The standard discount for early payment now seems to be 15%, Steve. As for when this offer expires I have no clue, but JeffandShannon seem to have checked that out.

By the way, when I tried the link mentioned in their post it worked, it seems.

Confusion reigned when I went to pay. I spent two hours but finally got the result I was looking for. It seemed no one among the staff quite knew what it was that each of them was to do, or how things were supposed to go.

To get the INAPAM discount I had to get the attorney for the tax office to sign off on it.

I went with T.J. and we saw a way to make things go faster for those in a similar situation; that is, property titled in the name of the bank. The attorney sat at a desk in the main payment area and had a computer which allowed him access to the system: from this he could produce a bill which he, of course, approved! I benefitted from his generosity and got a 50% discount on the full appraised valuation instead of a prorata discount. I think he felt sorry for me for having to do so much running around from one line to the next....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice