People Taking Selfies

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by bevy, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    There is at least 1 or 2 "groups" that are constantly videoing and taking pics, and their attitude about it is..."F the rules". We've heard it more than once when they were confronted. And TTR doesnt seem to push back on them at all.

10 years ago, it wasnt a problem and people would get shamed for taking pics and it was enforced. Now days, guess you need to decide if it's worth possible exposure cause the resort doesnt seem to want to stop it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Last time I was here, granted that was in 2018, security was all over the cameras and phones at the Sexy Pool. I was taking a picture of a friend in the pool at the foam party, with nothing in the background and security was right over telling me to delete it. Others had a similar experience. I'm fine with that, I signed up for the no camera policy, so there's basically maybe 2 photos of me and the husband from that trip. I'll live with it.

What really annoyed me though, we were up at the Sky Bar one day on that trip, and a private party was also going on up there. These people were taking pictures of EVERYTHING. Cameras everywhere. Security stood at the door to the Sky Bar just stood there and doing nothing. We complained to the security guy, and basically his response was "well they're not harming anyone". It bugs me no end that at TTR the rules apply 'some of the time' and other times the rules don't apply at all. I guess it depends who you know. As a Premier member, it also bugs me that they will happily close the Sky Bar down for private events. On this occasion they didn't weirdly enough. Maybe it was too many people complaining about stuff like this why they started completely closing the bar to regular guests if a part is going on in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Holli

Holli Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0
    I hate all this selfies around the Pool. I have some with the playmakers or my husband but just in front of the TTR sign, in our room or at the beach with no one else in the picture. When we just sit with our mobiles at the pool, we put something on the camera, so everybody can be sure we do not make pictures. I think they should emphasize it more at check-in and provide sticker directly!

Last time when we were at TTR in June I recognized a girl making a video from the lunch buffet at Rain. She sat directly in front of the window and filmed all the pool games around noon. I went to her table and told her to delete the video and fortunately a waiter recognized it and intervened. I was sooo angry! :mad:

You just need to check for Temptation as hashtag at Instagram. There are a lots of videos and photos from People who do not care if others are in the background or even film or photograph strangers.o_O

4. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I am at the resort now and I’ve been here for a few days. Yes, a lot of people are using their phones at the pool & at Bash. (At the beach I do not care as much as it’s a public beach & locals & other tourists are walking by taking their own photos, which is not a problem) But yeah, it shouldn’t happen at the pool nor Bash nor anywhere other guests might be in the shot.

While I’ve seen several guests using their phones for videos, FaceTime, Snapchat, Instagram, FB, etc, I haven’t noticed security addressing any of them. It tells me they don’t care about privacy, but they care more about money.

Also, for what it’s worth, I can often detect the smell of drugs, not sure if it’s crack or just really stinky weed, but it is definitely in the air a lot.

5. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    In our 10+ trips to TTR (haven't been since 2018) the staff had no issue calling people out for using their phones, it didn't have to be security, I've seen entertainment staff, bartenders, etc. The afternoon entertainment and games would come to a complete stop if anyone was seen taking pictures or videos - that's the way it should be in my opinion. Put down the phones and make memories. Not every single thing needs to be captured in pictures and videos. Just live in the moment and enjoy it!

I guess a lot has changed with drugs there too, there was a time not that many years ago that anyone caught smoking weed was risking getting kicked off the resort!

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    It's various types of weed coming from vape pens, or in some cases leaf weed people will very ballsy smoke from a blunt in public. It's also the various types of hookah flavors the resort has to offer, and ones people bring themselves, some of them STINK.

I would like to say I am fairly certain it isn't crack. That smells like a quick chemical burn, and doesn't move through the air like the other types of smoke do. You wouldn't really smell that outside, and I have never seen someone walking around that looks like they have been smoking crack. I'm from Philly, we know our crackheads.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    It's amazing to me we have these photo problems. I mean they do have this 12inch sign 15 feet above everyone's heads on the roof of bash.

upload_2021-8-4_11-22-26.png

8. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    I like the people who do pictures away from everyone
    Hubs is an early riser .. we saw one girl doing pics in the hot tub at like 10 in the morning .. that right there is planning and polite
    they had a staff member near by so I am assuming they asked to make sure before
    We asked once when we thought we had self control if we could do pics in the sexy pool at like 10 in the morning before anyone got there
    we were told yes as long as no one else was around and the camera went away after.
    Sadly most phones are waterproof now so accidently hitting them and making them fall into pool water isn't the way to go anymore .

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. lili&john

lili&john Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    100% Agree. Clear and simple.....
    "What part of No don't you understand?" :)
    101: Consent is non-negotiable, never.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice