Peeing in the pool - a vacation pleasure

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Orpus, Jan 8, 2019.

1. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    LoL. May as well go the Full Monty and get these matching sinks ... and do our best to strive for a gender-neutral, inclusive, universal restroom design :)
    Ah yes, the natural evolution of toilet humour... it was only a matter of time heheh

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,892 / 5
    I also got on this thread because I assumed it was a bit of a joke.....though we all have seen people who drink like fish and don’t leave the pool for eight hours! That said, it is interesting to me the “gross out” factor some have around urine (to each their own, no judgement). But having been all over the world via military and travel, I have swam (swum?) in many pools and, more importantly lakes and oceans. It is the latter that I would comment on. Most “less developed” countries have no sanitary sewer systems at all and you be 100% sure the ocean and lake water you are swimming in has way more than alcohol diluted urine in it. Way more! Yes there is a lot more water to dilute it but.....Not sure I have ever seen a Humpback whale hit the head in Punta Cana either and I am sure they have large bladders? It’s urine, it is sterile (though still urine) so I just drink (alcohol, not urine) to the point it doesn’t bother me but I still get out of the pool every 40 minutes or so once the seal is broken. I enjoy meeting people to and from so there is a double bonus!

3. dnlb

dnlb Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    We have a pool, so the "peeing in the pool" thing isn't so humorous sometimes, because some people actually think it's fine. Trust me, a pool party can get some pretty weird algae blooms going that can be tough to clear up!
    It's not something to get bent out of shape about tho, they keep it disinfected pretty well, and for whatever reason it doesn't bug me as much as the people who smoke in the pool and use it as an ashtray.
    I tend to meet new people going to & from that I don't even see in the pool, probably due to the alcohol-induced tunnel vision. It's all good!

4. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    How much smoking goes on in the pool? Really hoping not to be standing in clouds of smoke. Jamaica changed the smoking laws a few years ago so that there is no longer any smoking in the pool at Hedo and they have designated smoking areas. Major improvement.
    I have nothing against smokers and enjoy the occasional cigarello myself -just want to be able to get away from the smoke in the pool. Not a lot of smokers where I live these days.

5. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    A few smokers. More vapers. None in pool.

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,634 / 4
    There was quite a few cigars around the pool bar area when we were there. Their stench covered a pretty big area.

7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,175 / 7
    (said in a joking way) Are you sure you have been to Temptation before?

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,175 / 7
    In my experience there is a fair amount of smoking that goes on in the pool, especially as the day gets later. The pool is big, so it's pretty easy to avoid. But there are defiantly people that smoke on the side of the pool, and I have even seen people with floating ashtrays in the pool (which I think is way too much). I personally don't smoke in the pool anymore (but I am sure it has happened on occasion). I am not a heavy smoker, though when too drunk it comes out more, but I go off to the side, outside of the pool, and stay away from others. Unless the 5 other people you are standing at the bar with are all smokers. That's smoking in a slightly different context.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  9. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Had to laugh when I saw this..... thought to myself... "you must get really bent out of shape when people vomit in the pool!" :)

Yeah.. see that from time to time... usually around 3 PM or so.... someone making use of the open bar since 10 AM, add in the sun with no food and along about 3 as they are making their way across the pool for another round they get this funny look on their face, head to the side of the pool and let go..... look around to see if anyone was watching... then head back to the bar. :)

It's all good but part of why I wish they really did add extra cleaning chemicals at night. ;)

Jamie

10. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    Hmm that doesn't sound promising... care to elaborate?

Oops don't know how I missed your first explanation, Steve. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice