PEARL - It is the little things that make it special

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by Jen&Kyle, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    Kyle, your stuff is always good and we learn a lot. We are thinking about hitting one of the Desire resorts next year now for sure. And see I do get on other threads besides Octoberbreast!

2. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Kinda tired of it all Kyle - why we rarely post any more. We've given up on online communities as so many people are keyboard warriors with their online personas.

We show up, bring the party, and have fun no matter who is in attendance.

One more thing we found out - if you are Premier you can float back and forth between Desire resorts at no charge with no time limitation. Just pay for your own cab-fare -

On our upcoming Dec trip to TTR there are a few things we will miss most:
    Full body tan
    Hot tub
    BLT Sandwiches at 3am
    Mapache's at the bar
    Tejon's on the roof
    Air conditioned Disco
    Ginger ale for Dark & Stormy's (Pearl only)
    Cheese & Fruit plates at 5 (thanks to our friends on their honeymoon)
    Water polo @ Pearl & playing quality sand volleyball with Marcos, Vince & Charlie @ Pearl
    Requesting songs during the day and having them played (Translation & Body shots - hopefully still in rotation)
    Liqueur 43
    Xtabentun liqueur

3. LionsNzebras

LionsNzebras I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0
    Hey everyone, we have been to TTR 2x and looking to join some of our friends at Desire this year.

What are the main differences between Desire RM and Pearl? Room numbers obviously.

TTR is a party and we enjoy that, the price for Desire is what it is. And for Us in canada its easily 2x the price if not 3x. I looked today (Nov 26 2014) and its 6600 for a suite.

4. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    That liquer 43 is damn good.
    (Don't undrrstand why Temptation doesn't offer those extra booze options for a fee like Desire does)

5. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    To keep the riff raff out

6. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    FYI - Licor 43, Limoncello, Frangelico, Xtabentun, Amaretto, Galliano, Jägermeister, Plum Dew, Cognac Courvoisier V.S. Kahlua, Campari. Melon Liquor, Martini & Rossi dry vermouth, Cassis, Blue Curacao, Whisky Cream, Apple Pucker, Watermelon Pucker, etc are all available at Desire without any extra charge ;)

7. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I had an LOL moment 5 minutes into our trip to The Golden yesterday. I go thru the buffet line, and start walking out to the seating area overlooking the ocean, and a staff member grabs my plates and carries them to my table. He did it so quick I didn't have time to say anything, but as I started walking I thought I better not look like a "pretensious slob" (my quote, not his)or Kyle will make fun of me.

He put the food down and quickly walked away. I didn't tip. Didn't even have money on me at the time, and he didn't look like he expected it.

I guess I thought two things. You don't need to feel wierd having your food carried, and other resorts do it too.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  8. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    So, which is it then? A nice gesture, or a pretentious show? You can't have it both ways.
    :daisy:

9. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I'm not looking for a third party argument in someone else's thread. I also don't understand your question. I never said it was a pretentious show. I said I would feel pretentious if it happened to me. You're not reading my words correct.

Like I said, I feel it was a nice gesture in both occasions, and you shouldn't feel weird having it happen to you, or feel the need to even tip such an act. Heck they have a sliding glass door that automatically opens as you walk thru at GP. The guy standing there would wave his hand in front of the sensor to activate the door before you even got there. Do you tip him too?

It's not a big deal, and I apologize to Kyle for even bringing it up. Like I said the first time it caught me as something funny when I read it at first, and didn't think that would be the first thing I read as a selling point for the resort.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  10. RayParis6

RayParis6 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks for the info. I think TTR is a dump. Looking for a nicer, better food place with a classier atmosphere. The ppl are great at TTR, but hoping for a little luxury next time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice