PEARL - It is the little things that make it special

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by Jen&Kyle, Oct 13, 2014.

1. float

float Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Are we in High School again?
    People like different things, that IS what makes the world go round and round.
    We have also been to both resorts.
    FOR THE PRICE....TTR can not be beat! RM beats Pearl, IMHO, hands down as it has more day/night life but Pearl is a much more beautiful resort! With just 88 rooms and that huge pool, it is too spread out for our taste.
    TTR has it all. Sexy pool for "spring break" atmosphere and the quiet pool for those that like to, well, be quiet. We go on vacation to let the hair down and have fun, meet people, be a little crazy!
    Like someone said, to each his own. They are both owned by the same company and they care making a killing. Enjoy it or don't go, it is up to you but this "bickering" is a little unnecessary! Kills the enjoyment of coming to this site.
    Steve, kill the subject and let it go.

2. Luv_2_travel

Luv_2_travel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kyle,
    We have enjoyed your trip reports of Pearl and is a big reason we are trying Pearl in March for our 20th anniversary. Nothing wrong with a little luxury. With that said, we did enjoy our first trip to TTR in June and plan to spend a few days there as well, if they are still open. Looking forward to a report on your more recent visit.

3. float

float Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Any responsible source for THAT rumor? With their occupancy and reputation, that seems like a little bit a BS rumor. Stranger things have happened but just seems like a little stretch.

I honestly would think that Pearl would go away before TTR does. IT does have higher occupancy rate and cheaper operating cost, from what I been able to dig up.

:typing:
    :beer4:

4. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    I am having trouble with the math when someone says that Pearl is 2 to 3 times the price of Temptation. We booked 3 nights at Temptation and 4 night at Pearl in Feb.-March. Temptation works out to be about $250 a night ocean view room. Which is bargain for two people. Pearl was about $400 a night for an ocean view room for 2 people. That is not 2 - 3 times the price by my math.
    You can spend more if you want a Master Suite or Penthouse room. That is your choice. The difference in the room, food, drinks, pool, hot tub, beach and general experience is well worth it. We love the small size of Pearl because you can get to know more people.
    We love both resorts for different reasons. That is why we split our vacation. If you are thinking about Pearl, DO IT. You don't know until you try it. It is not that much more money. Spoil yourself.

5. vers111

vers111 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    So it is tht time of the year when I try to break through my fingers from the rust they have developed from the ocean breezes of the last years vaca...and come out and start posting some views and gather some info for the next coming up trip (sorry for if I am hijacking your post Kyle but could not resist to post here as I am a pro pearl) so in my opinion if you have money and you both are comfortable with nudity then there is no place better than Desire Pearl. It is true as Steve said tht being way up there in its luxury the workers are use to it as well...for instance my first day at the bar and asking for 10 shots of wet pussy or chunky monkey they are like what is tht and they gave me tht dirty look for asking them for 10 shots of anything because they are not use to it....happen to me few times...but me being me if it irritates you for the wrong reason I will not stop..:aktion060: but on the other hand it is clear that any one who would go to Temptation or even Desire want to have good time and want to enjoy and go crazy (not that much in Desire bt still) so the surrounding is wht you make out of it...and you will always find crazy people like you to join who are like minded.:lotsofmichaelfs:

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Here is how it broke down for us this trip but yeah I get what you are saying.

I am a bloodhound for finding good deals. This trip it was cheap tickets.
    Booked 4 nights at Temptation for $133 a night. Upgraded in advance to a temptation suite thru the hotel for $75 a night (this took a lot of negotiating and I don't think is typical). So we paid $208 a night at TTR.
    Booked 4 nights at Desire pearl for regular ocean view room for $333 a night. Upgraded to a Penthouse for an additional $225 a night (again a lot of negotiation, don't think this is normal) so we paid $558 a night.

So in both cases for us it would of been 2 to 3 times the price. Of course that is because we were able to get such a huge discount at TTR.
    133/333 = 2.5 times more
    225/558 = 2.48 times more

In both cases well worth it. Understanding that in peak season the discounts are not as good and it works out to less than 2 times more expensive.

7. Clint & Julie Anderson

Clint & Julie Anderson Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the info, we are considering doing the same sort of thing in May sometime. We have been to TTR many times and have heard good and bad reviews about Desire. Does anyone know the main differences between the two Desire resorts?

8. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    Kyle, next time I am going to have you book for us, haha. Great prices. :huh:
    As far as the two Desires, we have only been to Pearl. There is a forum for the two Desire resort run by Cokeman. Everything you want to know about them is there. He run almost as good of a forum as Steve does. Just Google Desire resorts forums.
    I am glad we booked a few days at Temptation with news of the remodel. We get to see it one more time before the shutdown for construction.

9. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    RM - 110 rooms, upstairs hot tub, Asian restaurant, smaller pool, longer beach with a lot more beds/seating, night time foam party, much larger back room, younger crowd

Pearl - 88 rooms, ground floor hot tub that is larger, much larger pool, smaller beach, long pier into ocean, larger & nicer rooms in a Mexican theme, older crowd, close to Puerto Morelos for shopping, more drink options and better food options, more expensive, better beach with lots of palapas + palm trees.

Desire is a much more classy place than Temptation, people are better looking and more fit - no matter the age, much more professional people due to the price, its rarely loud or obnoxious, couples only so no creepy singles - just creepy couples.

You can have as much fun as you want - very few rules and the night time disco & hot tub are unbeatable for fun. You can dress in as much or as little as you want and not worry. People who go to Desire are mentally different, they are in a different stage in life where they are able to be more free. It's very enlightening.

We are members - And the members price after our discount is 3X what we pay for an ocean view at TTR during low season for a basic garden view room at DRM provided there are no other discounts at DRM going on which often there are.

Both TTR & Desire have their advantages and drawbacks - we like both for separate reasons - mainly TTR for the price and relaxation. We party harder at Desire than we ever had at TTR.

We both have said we will never go back to TTR during sold out periods (April/May) as the douchebaggery is off the charts, everything is too hectic, service is poorer. Non sold out times at TTR are wonderful.

10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Thanks Chris. You tell it how it is without fear of repricussions lol. We have never been to RM but based on the write up think we should do a mixed RM/Pearl trip next time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice