Peak Week Flamingo

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by kevinoc81, Jan 25, 2007.

1. kevinoc81

kevinoc81 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone staying at Flamingo during peak week? There's three of us going March 11-18. Just wondering if anyone else would be there. All I really hear about on here is Oasis.

2. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. kevinoc81

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice. I figure we'll do fine, just wondering.

4. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Flamingo is a great place to stay. I will give it to you straight:

Pros:
    -great location
    -nice, clean, comfortable rooms, half of which are beautiful ocean view
    -staff is friendly, helpful, and they don't bother you much.
    -the beach there is beautiful
    -the bars are restaurants are of exceptional quality.
    -one of the least expensive hotels in cancun
    -their entertainment staff treated us very well and took care of all of our needs

Cons:
    -the flamingo is very quite. there is no much spring break action going on there. at night, they shut off all the lights and when you come back from the clubs you really can't even hang out in the lobby or outside by the pool because it is just too dark .
    -the pool is ok, very small and lacks any true qualities to make it special.
    -the pool bar is sort of lame and quite small but the bartenders try their best. it doesn't have good sun exposure either.
    -the lobby bar is also mundane.

OK, so in conclusion. This hotel is a good one to stay at its very nice and clean, and the staff is great. However, it isn't known for its hot spring break action. There will be breakers there but it will be nothing like the oasis or any other breaker hotels.

A great thing when I stayed there in 04 was that there was a small cabana bar in the mall directly across the street that stayed open until after the sun came up. you couldn't chill at the hotel but that bar was bumpin all night. sad part is, that bar hasn't existed since 2004

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for sharing your info Phlly :lol:

6. kevinoc81

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Philly!

This really does ease my mind a lot.

I kind of figured a lot of this. Like I said, we went about 3 years ago and stayed at Cancun Oasis and had a great time, but there were a ton of negative reviews on Trip Advisor leading up to that trip too. We were all very satisfied with the place! (Other than bringing ladies back, but no hotels really allow that)

Also, while we love to party and love the fact that this farewell to our favorite bachelor just happened to fall over peak week of spring break, we're not exactly kids anymore (26, 29, 30) so we can't exactly go all out, 100% of the time anymore either. It might actually do us some good to not be in the hottest breaker hotel on the strip so we can have some relax and recov. time when we need it.

Thanks so much guys!

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No worries alot of us ain't kids anymore :whisper: :lol:

8. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YES!

i am hardly a kid :oops:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice