paying for excusions and booze cruise?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by East Texas couple, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I would recommend stick to cash as far as possible. It's not unknown for credit cards to be skimmed and abused just like any other place in the World, but a little harder to identify and fix when you're abroad.

ATM's are the way to go. Use them as you would at home. I do, and I've been here 4 years.

2. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can tell you that we did use our credit card this last trip, and took a look at the receipt to find the entire CC # printed out on the receipt. A BIG nono here in the states.
    We kept a close eye on that account for a while afterward and had no troubles. Some friends also said that they used theirs in town, at the mall, and noticed the entire CC # printed across the receipt.
    If you do use your credit ccard, keep a close eye on your accounts afterward, and do not lose the receipt you are given.

3. alison112

alison112 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Canadian Money vs US

What about the Canadian dollar is it better to have us as opposed to Canadian? How much do you recommand for a resort thats all-inclusive I was still planning on $500 cdn.

Don't you think?

4. Steve and Lupe

Steve and Lupe Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pay cash if possible.

Our 2nd trip is Oct 18-25. Last year we paid in the hotel thru Olympus for excursions. The guy used a piece of carbon and pencil to get our card number and the whole number is on the receipt. He didn't have a card machine or scanner, it was on a piece of cardon rubbed with a pencil. You can pay him in dollars or pesos. My suggestion is to but Pesos, maybe $300 or $400 worth at a US bank or at the airport before leaving the US. Everytime you pay dollars they exhange them for pesos as change and you get screwed. My wife and I did the Isla Mujeres tour, Booze crusie on Friday night and the place where the Blue Lagoon allegedly is. For both of us the costs of excurisons was maybe 300-400 dollars. Be very wary of giving anybody in a 3rd world country your credit card, they may disappear with it, or give your number to every relative in SOtuh AMerica.

5. dmb89

dmb89 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After six trips to mexico, cancun & puerto vallarta, we have never had a problem with credit card use. Just watch the accounts after your return. HBILL!!!!!!!!! we always take traveler's checks, they will cash them at the front desk. They always have at every resort we have been to including Temptations.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice