paying for excusions and booze cruise?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by East Texas couple, Aug 6, 2008.

1. East Texas couple

East Texas couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone,
    okay we are getting closer to the trip and have a few more questions. we are planning to go on the booze cruise, 2 trips from the resort to clubs and the adults trip to the isle. Can we pay the resort with a credit card for these or do we need to bring cash. its like 45 a person for the club nights. I just didnt want to bring alot of cash.
    ohhhhh are the safes in the rooms really safe?? I have never been to mexico and we are sooooooooooo excited.
    This forum is a lifesaver!!!!
    THANKS!
    Tammy and Eric

2. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Booze Cruise and the club trips-I've never seen anybody use credit cards, everybody always paid in cash. The excursions-I'm not as sure-we've only been on two and we always paid in cash.

The room safes are safe. I've never heard of a problem with theft. Make sure that they are working properly-that is a common problem.

Make sure that your passports are in the safe. You can replace money, you can't get home without your passports. Make a copy of your passports and leave them with family stateside.

Go to the bank before you go and get at least $50 in one dollar bills. They're great for tipping. Any bills that you break for smaller ones are given in pesos.

You have a right to be excited-you're gonna have the time of your life.
    Marsh

3. East Texas couple

East Texas couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you for the reply. advice taken! the passport idea is something I would of never thought of. Cant wait!

4. Fun Johnny

Fun Johnny Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I usually bring $350.00 in cash for tipping and excursions/clubs/booze cruises, then use the ATM's for additional funds if needed (usually...lol), they are safer than using credit cards, which I would only use in case of emergency.

5. W&K

W&K Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Sergio at the towel hut does accept credit cards for the booze cruises..the club night with the hotel are cash only. There is a bank machine at the small store on property you can withdraw cash (in pesos) there as you would at any bank. You do need to have a 4 digit pin though and make sure your debit card is on the interac system. You will usually be charged your banks exchange rate. We usually only withdraw what we need and that eliminates having to carry large sums of cash while travelling. Usually just bring 100 cash to get us through the first day.

6. Hbill

Hbill Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Great advise from you all. TxCpl, no one ever told me to copy my passport, but I think that is an excellent idea. In the past I have carried a bunch of $1 for tipping. I will need to cover $55 for booze cruise this time. Does anyone have experience with taking travelers checks and converting them to pesos?

Bill

7. Fun Johnny

Fun Johnny Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    As a rule I always take a copy of my passport with me to Mexico and keep in a separate place from my passport and also leave a copy at home. I also copy credit card info as a back-up in case I lose them when I am in Mexico...of course I copy it in a way that cannot be detected in case someone else finds the info. I also let the credit card company know where I will be and how much I am likely to spend...I am always very careful, but you never know.

8. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also took a copy of my passport with me along with leaving it at home with my sitter. I placed all my copies that came with me in a folder (just like one my kids have for school) along with my itinerary for my flights, hotel confirmation and transfer confirmation. Then it was all together. I was very organized :p . And trust me I was glad when my credit card went missing. :shock: Was able to cancel without difficulty.

9. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Don't try to sqeeze a lot of trips in. I found myself running around trying to keep a schedule and missing everything at the pool. Since I go a couple times a year I do only one excursion a trip.

10. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    great point handy

we normally plan too much and miss a lot of the spontaneous stuff - this trip we are only doing the cancuncare booze cruise on sunday - the rest of our trip we are just going to let whatever happens happen - should be an exciting change :D

rob and t

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice