Passport Question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Amy Hammons, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Amy Hammons

Amy Hammons Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings,

Here is a question that seems simple enough but I cannot get an answer! I have tried the Post Office, my travel agent, and the 877 number on my passport itself (a recording comes on stating they are experiencing a high volume of calls....goodbye).

My kids are 5 & 7 and just received their passports. It reads that they are invalid until they are signed. I am assuming that I sign the passports from them but I want to be certain before I do it.

Do I sign the passports for them or leave them blank?

Thanks in advance! :D
    Amy

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Presuming you are a U.S. Citizen (you don't say in your profile), then the paragraph at...Well, instead, lemme post it here:

It's from the Department of State website.

3. Amy Hammons

Amy Hammons Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fantastic, Thank you =)

Amy

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My daughter has always signed her own passports. She's 12 and is on her 2nd one now...never had a problem. But it good to know what we were "supposed" to do.

5. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had gone to Cancun with our kids last year for the first time, ages 6 and 9 at the time, with their new passports. I knew their signatures wouldn't look good, and I assumed they wouldn't need to sign them since they were minors. We went in and out with no problems. This year when we went back I read that I should have signed their passports and put (mother) on them since I didn't have them sign. So my advice would be to sign them like the passport website states. Better safe than sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice