Passport question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Abc123456, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Abc123456

Abc123456 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a way i can get a U.S passport if im not a U.S citizen.. but i have a greencard and everything.

2. hunter99

hunter99 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NO!

unless you marry a US citizen. oR wait ... i think it's 5 years now to be qualify to apply for one.

your best answer is calling the IRS themselves

3. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unless you want to pay taxes the IRS won't get you far with a passport. The only passport that you may apply for is the Country of your Nationality. a greencard means your a resident alien. Being married to a US citizen does not give you any right to a passport. The only way you can get a USA passport is by applying to become a Citizen or Naturalized American and that is through Imigration and Naturalization-

4. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm thinking that Homeland Security would probably like to speak with you.

Did anybody else find this question peculiar, particularly coming from a new account and being posted in the Cancun forum? Could be just an innocent inquiry, but I found it odd. Besides, who usually wants passports from foreign countries other than James Bond & Jason Bourne?

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you want a Mexican passport you can buy a birth certificate showing you were born in Mexico. Then apply for a Mexican passport using that birth certificate. Not sure of the cost or who to talk to about doing this.

But have heard that you can buy a birth certificate showing you were born in Cancun BEFORE Cancun was incorporated as a town! Now THAT'S corruption for you!!

The reason I know all this is that I've heard that Mexican Immigration has been busting a lot of foreigners lately who have Mexican passports that show they were born in Mexico. The Immigration agents are spending long hours interrogating these people to learn how they are getting Mexican passports.

If you DO this it would be wise not to try to enter Mexico with this ill-gotten passport...it's really easy for immigration agents to tell when someone was not born in Mexico...

6. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The first quesion "Where in the hell are you?" The second would be "Where are you from, and how did you get to where you are without a passport?"
    I have been here for 6 years and I am trying to get Immigration to renew my FM3 and it is a pain in the ass. They are busting down on everbody. I am trying to marry my Mexican "Girlfriend and can't even do that without jumping through hundreds of loops. :cool:

7. Abc123456

Abc123456 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mann thanx for ruining my senior year :( .

8. jimelko

jimelko Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you can get a passport from whatever country you are a citizen of?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice