passport issues

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by PEACHES123, May 14, 2007.

1. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The guy at the post office told me that I could call them and pay over the phone to have it expedited. I think that I am going to do that, DConCT is right. It is not worth the stress. :mad:

2. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

:shock: :shock: NOW YOU TELL ME :shock: :shock:

3. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Please keep me posted on how this goes for you Ella :D :!: Thanks :cool:

4. tawanda64

tawanda64 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Picking it up in Chicago is not an option...I've already checked into that days ago...the soonest appointment available was May 31st...3 days after our departure!!!

I've been calling everyday and have a couple Senators/Congresspersons working on it...

5. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good Luck Tawanda :!: :!:

I know how you are feeling :? :(

On a good note I can't eat with all this stress and my diet is off to a great start FINALLY :lol: :lol:

6. stephenj

stephenj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    getting desperate

My wife, my step daughter (she is 15) and I leave for Cancun at 7am on Sunday, 5/27/2007. Still no passport for my stepdaughter - I submitted the application 10-plus weeks ago.

I have called the National Passport Info Center and talked till I am blue in the face. I have called my congressman and been pleased that they are taking an interest in my case, though the assistant admitted that she gets about 80 calls like mine each week. She says she has placed a "congressional priority" note on her application.

I have pleaded to have this application accellerated, and the congressman's rep and the NPIC staff member say that it is "flagged" as priority. They have auithorized overnight delivery once the application is completed - and even Saturday delivery.

I have asked if I can cancel this entire application and use one of the "instant passport services" that promise 24 hr turaround for $200-300 on top of all the fees. No dice, according to the NPIC.

I have even considered just going on to Mexico and then battling with these fools upon our return. Would Continental Airlines let a 15 y/o on the plane with no passport? (Atl->Houston->Cancun). We are in Cancun for 2-1/2 weeeks, surely the passport would arrive during that time and I could have my daughter overnight mail it to the condo (yeah, I know there is no overnight service in Cancun, but you catch my drift).

I am getting desperate here, folks.

Help!

Steve Jones

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it were me, I wouldn't go to Mexico without a passport and then attempt to argue with immigration on the return. That's only asking for more problems in my opinion. The law is quite clear that you need a passport and I have no clue what you could possibly argue to get your stepdaughter back into the country when she doesn't have a passport.

I think if you could postpone your trip til the passport arrives, she won't have any problems......not sure if that is an option for you tho.

Michelle

8. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Michelle........wouldn't risk it :!: :!:

They need to come up with a better system :!: :!:

Or should I say they should have come up with a better system before they made it mandatory.....yet another example of how screwed up we are :? :!:

9. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got off the phone with an agent and he told me that I can not expedite my passport until June 7th. He told me that I should receive it before my trip. I said “what do you mean by I should receive it by then”. He said that he does not see any reason why I should not get it.
    What the heck does that mean??
    So I am going to wait until the 7th and I am going to expedite it. I am just not willing to take any chances.
    My mom and niece applied for theirs in Feb. and they have not gotten it yet. From what I understand, they wanted to get all of the Easter/Spring breakers out of the way. STILL, they should have theirs. Don’t ya think???

I will keep you all posted.
    EB

10. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: getting desperate

The US Consulate here might have an overnight service. And if your country is going to deny entry to a 15 y.o. citizen because their passport generation service couldn't keep up with the demand due to legislation change, then I'm sure the Consulate is the place to complain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice