passport issues

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by PEACHES123, May 14, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Peaches. Take it from a Florida/Cancun guy. Don't go to the Florida Keys for the beaches, especially not to Key West. The closest thing to a Cancun atmosphere and great beaches would be Panama City Beach, FL. If it's good enough for Girls Gone Wild it's good enough for me.

2. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL Didn't you know the guy who does that is in jail!! NO MORE GIRLS GONE WILD FOR YOU!!! :cooldevil:

We sat at the office from 8am - until 4 pm. We still do not have a passport but should get one tomorrow when we go back. You have to have an appointment. What ever time it is for still go first thing in the morning. If it is at 11 Am go in at 8 Am. I watched people get turned away b/c they didn't have an appointment. It is possable to get thur on the 1 800 #.

3. M&M

M&M Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keep us posted

I'm hoping that you get them tomorrow! Are they supposed to overnight them, or do you have to go back for them?

Mike

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That does raise a possibility though.
    I know a skipper that takes his 42-footer to Isla from Galveston Bay at least 3 times a year, and (from my own experience on international water) I can tell you that marine regulations can often be quite different than land travel regulations.

In this instance, it is required that one obtain a Mexican Tourist Card -available at any Mexican consulate in the US (such as the one at 1549 India St. San Diego, CA 619-231-8414) and have either a birth certificate or driver's license in conjunction with a notarized letter to verify and validate. Passports, although highly advised, are not necessary for private seafarers to enter Mexican water or dock at Mexican ports.

More info at http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/sailingregs.html if you need it.

5. tawanda64

tawanda64 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I finally got through on the phone lines to schedule an appointment with the local center and the soonest available appointment is May 31st...3 days after we leave!!! :bash:

still waiting for responses from the passport website and my senator....

6. stephenj

stephenj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Goddess!!

Goddess!! Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Travel to Mexico from the United States requires a passport for AIR travel only...you can still cross the Mexican border by land or sea at the present time without a passport. Land and sea travel to Mexico will be requiring a passport as of January 1, 2008.

Updates...

regarding my friend who has been waiting for 11 weeks for a passport...as I reported, she called the state senator's office...they got back to her and told her that they have 200 requests/complaints from around the state and that they could not help her...I gave her this link http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home and told her to put in her zip code and call someone else who represents her area...maybe someone not on a statewide but a more local level...the second office that she called was able to help...they have spoken with a supervisor in Charleston, SC (where they are currently in possession of 700K passport applications) and are confident that my friend will receive her passport in time...

I have another friend that went to the passport office in Chicago today...he was submitting a new application...his appointment was at 8:30 am...he arrived at 7:50 and was one of the first people in line...the windows there open at 9 am....he left the office at 9:20 am...he is having the passport overnighted and should be receiving it on Monday...they gave him the option to pick it up tomorrow, but he is not able to...

the passport folks really dropped the ball on this one...the people who are experiencing the super long wait times are the unfortunate ones who applied 10+ weeks ago thinking the situation would be handled properly...they need to put a system in place where the local offices can help those who have been waiting for so long...

8. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WE GOT IT!!!!!

We are leaving at 6AM!!!!

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GREAT NEWS. SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE WHEN YOU GET HERE AND I WILL BUY THE BEERS. SERIOUSLY.

10. tawanda64

tawanda64 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Woohoo!!! :D Very happy for you.

I am a little more hopeful...I got thru to a rep early this am and they said they are flagging our apps to be expedited and overnighted and something should be posted on the website with 72hrs...and this afternoon I spoke with our Senator's office and they are contacting New Orleans to expedite and overnight them, too...

so, with the combo maybe we'll get them soon...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice