passport issues

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by PEACHES123, May 14, 2007.

1. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I called at 5 and nothing has changed!! We have an appointment at 8 AM at the houston office. The whole process is a joke!! I'm not sure I will have a passport tomorrow or not. Thanks again for all the help!!

2. tawanda64

tawanda64 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please let us know what happens! We are in the same boat! We leave by plane for Cancun on the 28th. We applied over 10wks ago. I can't get through on the phone lines to set up an appointment to pick it up or speak to someone. The website says it's being processed. I am considering driving 3-4hrs each way to the regional center (Chicago) without an appointment if I can't get through.

I booked through Orbitz...wonder if I can change our plans and cruise instead...? :cry:

3. tawanda64

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just left a message at my State Senator's office...we'll see what happens with that...

Another question: If I just show up at the regional office, without an appointment, since I can't get through to make one, do you think I'll be able to get our passports?

4. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Not sure what would happen without an appointment, and I would not wantto drive 4 hours each way without an appointment. Not counting that there will be no parking in CHI.

Just keep calling, and be prepared to be on hold for a lllooonnnggg time.

5. Goddess!!

Goddess!! Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if you do not have an appointment, they will not see you at ANY Regional Passport Agency, Chicago or Houston included...

if you applied 10 plus weeks ago and your trip is soon and you cannot make a trip to a passport agency, contact your congressperson...they have been very helpful with obtaining people's passports ON TIME...state senators are okay, however, see if you can get a little more localized for best results...who is your congressperson? find out and call their office!

if you need an emergency appointment at a regional passport agency, again, contact your congressperson...they can assist in obtaining an emergency appointment...please be prepared to spend an entire day there...the lines are long and the employees are unpleasant for the most part, mis or uninformed and disgruntled...my friend who applied for a passport 11 weeks ago and is still waiting, had an appointment with the Houston Passport Agency on Monday and STILL has no passport! She wasted a day there and has contacted her congressperson today...she arrived for her 9:30 am appointment at 8 am and did not speak with anyone until 11:45 am! I will post updates...

I, myself, have an appointment with the passport agency in Houston on Friday...updates to come on this experience...

6. tawanda64

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info. Okay, I will not show without an appointment...

I did leave my info with our State Senator's office and someone is suppose to get back to me.

As far as calling the passport number to schedule appointment, being put on hold is not even an option! :mad: There is a message that the lines are busy and to try again later, then I get disconnected! grrr...

I work night shift...so I'll try again in the middle of the night...maybe that'll help...

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The secretary in my office is suppose to be leaving for Ireland on the 24th but has yet to get her Passport.

She finally got through to a real person and they told her that her application was flagged but could not guarentee her she would receive it in time.

She got a call back from her Congressman's office today who told her that Passports (especially those coming out of New Orleans) are now taking at least 14 weeks and if she gets hers it won't be until the day or two before her trip..but again no guarentees.

She applied at the end of Feb/beginnng of march.

8. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great. I had better start applying right now for my little troopers for next year :evil:

9. LadyLegs

LadyLegs Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Can't they just use birth certificates if they don't get passports in time.

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No..you must have a Passport to go to Mexico if doing so by plane.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice