passport issues

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by PEACHES123, May 14, 2007.

1. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO GREAT :D :cool: :!:

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You know that for a fact???? :lol:

3. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

You liked that one??? :wink:

4. Deana

Deana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. BluegrassGal

BluegrassGal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All these issues make me nervous for everyone else and myself. I plan on going to Cancun next summer. So now I'm wondering if I should apply for my passport now :? I'm new to the whole passport thing, so exactly how long is a passport supposed to be good? Wishing everyone gets their passports on time :!:

6. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I would apply ASAP. Who know how long the DOS will continue to screw up this process. You may end up going sooner than you think.

Passports are good for ten years.

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes Bluegrass. Why wait? Even if you change your plans you will eventually go somewhere and need a passport.

I think the application still asks if you have travel dates for regular, as opposed to expedited, processing. If so, pick a date 60 days out. They don't ask for specific info.

8. JenRN

JenRN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Travel in October

I was scanning over the topic here and can't believe that the government is making people sweat like this! My boyfriend and I are going to Cancun in October (hopefully) and he just applied last week! I just got back from there last month so I'm good to go but now I'm sweating it already!!! Is it pretty easy to expedite service? HELP!!!!

9. Katie

Katie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As an FYI - I submitted my renewal for a passport about 3 weeks ago. Well I just received an email that I should be getting it on Tuesday. Of course right after I sent in for a new marriage license cause I wasn't sure how long I'd be without one :D :D . And I still need to change my name on things --- two years later.

On the flip side we sent in the paperwork for stepkids to get their passports - about 5 weeks ago - and nothing yet. They however are getting their first ones. So I thought it was interesting to see that if you are getting your passport renewed it seems faster than getting a new one. Not what I expected from the articles I read.

Katie

10. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our passports (First time) took 13 weeks to arrive. I just received them a week ago and leaving to CUN in three weeks. What a releif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice