passport issues

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by PEACHES123, May 14, 2007.

1. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! I'm not very active in the group but really need some info and/or help. We have not recived our passport yet and we leave on Friday. If we do not get them in time were else can we go in the US? We were staying at Dreams Cancun from the 18th- 24th any info will help. The keys or even cal. would be nice but as close as you can get to the fell of cancun. As close to the same experence! I know that is hard!! I love cancun!!

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Honestly, I don't know of anywhere in the US that has the true feel of Cancun.

You could try the Keys. I think you'd enjoy yourself if that was your intended destination to begin with but it might pale by comparison as thatwasn't what you planned initially.

The atmosphere is going to be very different from what you would experience in Cancun. Obviously, your resort wouldn't be all inclusive so that alone would make the trip diffeent from what you had intended.

Keep your fingers crossed that they come in time.

When did you apply for them?

3. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keys remind me more of Isla than Cancun.
    Some thoughts...

Burbon St comes to mind for the partying atmosphere and great (and unusual) foods.
    South Beach for night life that's similar to Cancun (and they habla Espanol).
    Padre Island for towering condos built right on the beach.

But even if you put them all together - you still don't get Cancun.
    Cancun is grand yet humble, expensive yet affordable, crowded but still recluse, primitive but with all the amenities you really need.

If I had to pick a place to go to in the US when I was mentally prepared to go to Cancun and couldn't, I think I'd go to San Diego. No, of course it's not the same, but you can have a whole lot of fun there of a similar nature and do many things that you really can't do in Cancun.

4. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the ideas! Has anyone been to the keys? Hubby still wants the beach at least. I applied 11 weeks ago and expited it 2 weeks ago. :(

5. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you tried to check the status ????????

Try......... travel.state.gov

Good Luck :!: :!:

6. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    If you don't get it in a day or so, drive to your closest regional passport office, and you will have it in a hour. Hope you live close to one of them, however they are not in every major city, however Houston should have one. Don't spend much time on the phone, as you will never get thru, and the info they give you will be bogus. The regional offices are specifically for US citizens that need to travel immediately.

7. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Peaches, call one of your State Senators ASAP.. They have constituent service staffers for just this issue. They have phone numbers that they can call that the public doesn't have access to. This is what WE hired them to do when they were elected.

They will help you.

Keep us posted.

8. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My hubby got thur this morning and they are going to over night it. But they said to call back @ 5. To check on it again. Your right 1/2 the people working for the PP admin. don't know what is going on or they are overworked and don't care.

How do you go about doing this?

Thanks again for all the help. I'll let you know if we make it!

9. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Trust me, go to this office!!

HOUSTON Passport Agency
    Mickey Leland Federal Building
    1919 Smith Street
    4th Floor
    Houston, TX 77002-8049

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays
    Automated Appointment Number: 1-877-487-2778

NOTE: Houston Passport Agency serves customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel. An appointment is required.

10. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope you received good news when you called. If not then I would certainly be looking into calling the number that BB & AB posted above to get into the Houston office. We obtained a passport over the duration of one afternoon at the U.S. Embassy in Munich, Germany, so I'm sure that they can do the same for you there in Houston.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice