Passport & Govt shut down

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by vinceandteresa, Feb 23, 2011.

1. vinceandteresa

vinceandteresa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We sent out Vince's passport on 2/16 for renewal and booked our trip on 2/19 for April 14-19. Eight weeks to get passport back looks good considering the turn around time 4-6 weeks. We are really excited for our return trip and it looks like a awesome crowd there at that time. Now the gov't is threatening a shut down!!! Hope his passport does not get caught up in this mess. Anyone had to deal with this before? We don't even have his original that we could do a walk in with. Holding our breath until 3/3 to see what happens.

2. VinNDrunkE

VinNDrunkE Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a similar situation in 2007 when they first implemented needing a passport to go to the caribbean. We were going to Antigua and after 5 months I still didn't have a passport and they hadn't even started. At the time we were living in Atlanta and they were processing it in New Orleans. I flew out to NO two days before we were scheduled to leave on our vacation to get my passport in person. They had all of my documentation and my old passport I was renewing. It was just my luck that the day I was in NO and dealing with the passport office (the day before we were leaving), Bush changed the policy temporarily and said you could have a birth certificate for travel to the caribbean (yeah, thanks). I walked out that day with my passport.

Anyway, my point is, find out what office is processing it and just go there. They have all your documentation there. Get there first thing in the morning and get an appointment or try calling ahead of time. Your paperwork and old passport should be there in the office.

Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice