Passport Dilemma

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by AvgJoes1515, Jun 18, 2020.

1. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4

Here is an excerpt from the American Airlines' (AA.com) website under International Travel:

Travel requirements and documents
    Make sure to check entry requirements with the consulate of the countries you plan to visit before you travel. You’re responsible for bringing the correct documents for international travel. If you don’t have the required documentation and identification, you will not be allowed to board the plane and would be responsible for any resulting costs.

Passport
    A passport is required for all international travel. If you're traveling anywhere overseas, you need a passport to board an international flight and to enter the country. Passport cards will not be accepted as form of I.D. for international air travel.

Passports must be:

• Valid for at least 6 months after the date you enter a foreign country.
    • Kept in good condition, free of any damage beyond normal wear and tear, and material alterations. You may be denied boarding if you travel with a passport that appears damaged or altered.
    U.S. citizens can use any government-issued form of identification to travel between the U.S., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. AndrewnAshley

AndrewnAshley Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1
    As far as travel goes, I know I have always read that your passport cant be on the brink of expiration when you leave the country. Mexico may want all the tourist dollars they can get right now, so they may look the other way. But no matter how you slice it, its a risk to go with your passport so close to expiring.

3. couplesfun12

couplesfun12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    I read that the USA has agreements with several countries that passports are good for a certain amount of time after entry into the country. This was from the CBP website.

4. sexjunkies

sexjunkies Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    So I know a guy.........:)jk

5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I literally just finished up doing a search for an expedited passport renewal service for Stacia, so that hers is updated properly before our February trip to DRM. Here's that link, if it helps:

Expedited Passport Services | Rush US Passport Services | Passports and Visas.com

Hope that's helpful to you or anyone else who might need it. I used a service like this myself about 5 years ago to get mine renewed. Simple, straightforward, reasonable fee... and Fast.

6. madhossion

madhossion Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 2
    While I haven't been in that situation myself, I've heard that some countries, like Mexico, might require your passport to be valid for at least six months beyond your travel dates. It's a good idea to check with the Mexican embassy or consulate to be sure. In the US, they usually allow entry as long as your passport is valid until the end of your stay. But keep in mind that different immigration officers may have different interpretations, so there's a small risk. Btw, you can also reach out for help to the guys from https://fakeyourdrank.com/state/oregon-fake-id. If possible, I recommend renewing your passport before the trip to avoid any problems. It might be a hassle, but it's better to be safe than sorry. You can try expediting the process if there's no other way.

7. maeliketheband

maeliketheband Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Mine was really close to expiration on our last trip and I made it there and back with 0 problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice