Partydollgirl and Brewsters stay at Golden Parnassus

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Deleted member 12579, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, as some of you know Brewster and I did 7 days at Temptation and then wanted a more relaxing place to recover for a few days. we got there a bit early, got a welcome drink at the lobby bar. First impression was that it was a little out dated and needed to be freshened up, It reminded me of a mall.. it was very open.. up to the rooms.. all marble floors and the big bonus was the elevator, people that have stayed at Temptation will appreciate that alone.. haha

there are 4 specialty restaurants with no reservations required and a large buffet.. we had breakfast every morning and it was awesome.. they cook it all fresh for you..like Temptation except that in my opinion it tasted way better, was it because we had the same food for 7 days.. not sure maybe..we ate at 3 of the 4 restaurants and liked it as well.. there wasn't anything bad to say about the food, the taste and portions were there.. not a 5 star but we enjoyed it very much.. they have a snack bar open all day till 2 am.. and 24 hour room service..

the staff was great..Oscar in the buffet was awesome.. and I also found that the staff spoke way more English than at Temptation..

The rooms were big and our first night we were upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite bu t moved to an ocean view and it really is an ocean view.. can hear the waves crashing and see every thing going on at the pool from your balcony..

The pool was big enough and they have a hot-tub.. the drinks were ok.. but really I had had enough alcohol at TTR so cant really judge that..

The beach was absolutely beautiful..crashing waves, clear blue water.. amazing..

They have an entertainment staff, they played a few games. tequila volley ball, pool beer pong.. they had a fashion show and they have a theater with shows and a karaoke night.

Lots of pool chairs..while they were not in great shape, there is no need to get up and save them.. lots of people put them right in the pool. no one had any issues with that..

the music was better at the pool bar, they play your iPod, so you never know what you will get.. this bar is very small.. but is where everyone hangs out..
    not really any place to socialize like patyO's but there is a sports bar with pool tables and a dance floor. In the few days we were there not much going on.. but remember we were there to relax and wind down so we were not up late to see what the night life could be .. we did not find the crowd to be as friendly as TTR only because it seemed that most were there with friends and didn't really need to meet other.. there were singles there but I think most people went to the clubs at night for the party.. not sure again cause we shut it down pretty early. but the few people we spoke to were off to the clubs..

most that know me know I wear some sexy dresses and heels..I will say that I felt WAY over dressed or under dressed might be a better explanation there..
    there were a couple girls that had sexy dresses on but I am sure they were on there way to the clubs.. thank god I had a couple summer dresses to wear.. lol but most women wore sun dresses and flats.. lol

I liked it for what we went there for.. no real complaints at all.. we LOVED the beach.. big bonus for us..could there be a big party there.. for sure there could be, its just like any resort.. it depends on the crowd..

I would go back for the same reason we went this time but I would not plan a whole trip, it was too quiet for us..

I hope Brewster jumps in and gives his views, he is better at writing than I am... lol hope this helps..

Cheers!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
  2. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sundresses and flats! :eek: I`d have to go barefoot...I don`t own a pair of shoes with less than a 4-inch heel ha ha. I wonder if you can buy Lycra sundresses...

Thanks for posting your review, Kim. I`d been wondering what the Golden Parnassus is really like, as I have heard it is very nice (except for the random swordfish attacks ;))

3. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PS, While it is a topless optional resort, I only saw one women topless and it wasn't me..haha!!

4. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Kim, thanks for the comparisons between the Golden and Temptation. I always wondered what GP was like and your report seems like a pretty good summation.

BTW, it was great to finally meet you and Bruce while you were at Temptation. I hope we can catch up with you two again at either TTR or elsewhere. I'll try to keep the political discussions with Brewster to a minimum.:wink3:

5. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Ed, It was great to meet you guys as well, finally and please, don't back off with the political discussions because if he cant talk about it here with you then he will try to talk to me about it .. hahah!!:bash: :wink3:

Keep us posted on coming this way for sure!

6. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Okay, I'll do my best to save you from "the token Western Canadian Liberal." After all, someone has to show him the evils of liberalism!

7. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You did a good job of summing it up, Kimmy.

The al a carte restaurant decor is definitely dated. The sea food restaurant looked like a fish & chip shop from the 70's complete with blue anchors print on the booth seats..lol. The steak place reminded me of a Ponderosa restaurant. The lighting was too bright in all the restaurants. They are using LED lighting with that stark blue tinge. It's cheap lighting...but it looks it. That's the biggest negative I noticed. Big difference from the ambiance created at TTR al a cartes.

In fairness, we didn't try the "best" al a carte at the resort (Italian) so it may have looked better.

I did miss Kim's sexy dresses. A lot...lol. So I take it back...that was the biggest negative...lol.

8. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

We don't have to pee in a cup to keep a job in Canada....lol

9. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea Golden is turning into a "GROUP" hotel. people that met each other throughout the years there are now going on same week. I can honestly vouch this coz its how our group is....started with 2, then 6, then 12, then 19 this year.

alot of people are the same way......big groups now!

i love my stay at temptations 3years ago...but i go back to GP coz of the STAFF and friends.

10. Matt and Amber

Matt and Amber Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    We too just returned from GP 7 nights. After 3 times at TTR prior we wern't sure what to expect. Honestly we had a great time. The snack place grew old quick but once we tried the lunch buffet WOW that was awsome. The Dress up resturant was excellent as well it a very slow relaxing meal but outstanding. The Old Barn was hit and miss on the steaks some were very good some were not good at all. The Pool was a fun time. It was alot less calm than that of TTR but the ladies were still able to wear thongs and go topless. A few creeper guys oogling the boobies but I guess you have to expect that. Amber wore her standard TTR evening wear and athough she was a bit sexier dressed than most we said screw it we are here to have fun and we did. The staff was outstanding and they really do get to know you personally by the end of your trip. The Warm tub was nice touch as one day it was rainy and storming but we just sat in the tub and the wait staff kept us well hydrated as we weathered the storm. Also a 2 or 3 AM after tikibar dip is nice as well, I don't think there is a closing time on the hottub. All in all we had a great time and will be going back. I can understand how going just as a couple would be alot more relaxing as it was 6 of us we had a blast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice