party in JUNE

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by hollister987, Apr 4, 2009.

1. ChadD

ChadD Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hell I would have told you that. The next town over has a huge "honkey tonk" bar that I've hated every since I first went in. All the people from my town go there cause it's close and they're idiots, and it's filled with wannabe cowboys. Nothing worse than the make-believe cowgirls that go either, they listen to country in their sedans and work in an office, but on weekends they get a chip on their shoulder and two step to a country song, then the very next song is hip hop and they stay on the dance floor and start shaking it. I'm more of an uptown Dallas guy, where the people are real, not fake. And we go to drink and socialize, not starch our tapered jeans and wear them once a week and become assholes in the process. Uptown and Greenville Ave. are SO much more fun, very few country bars at all. And they don't pretend to be either. It's gotten more trendy over time.

2. ChadD

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And I actually did grow up in a predominantly ranching family, and even they don't act like "cowboys." ATVs have replaced horses.

3. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I used to work at the Butcher Shop Steakhouse in downtown Dallas, across from Dallas Alley.

This was waaaayyyy back. Emmitt Smith was still playing for the Cowboys. We had this hot hostess at the restaurant that told me about a birthday party being held at Iguana Mirage in Greenville. Turns out it was
    Emmitt's bday party, hosted by Downtown Julie Brown and featuring Sir Mixalot. So I took her to the party and good times were had.

I also worked in Addison.

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Chad, I have partied in dallas MANY times!! Lower Greenville, Deep ellum, both are fun! I love dallas, always had good times there and great friendly people!

5. ChadD

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Deep Ellum? WTF? Nobody goes there anymore. Uptown's where it's at now, it used to be a mostly uppity neighborhood but has come down over the years. Mostly 23-35 year old college graduates working in Downtown, so you avoid the assholes that typically frequent bars in other areas. It's night and day from anywhere I've ever been. Nothing's more fun than football season, my cousin lives in a high rise over an awesome sports bar, at 11 in the morning there's nowhere to stand, and it stays like that all day. Plus the women in the area all DRINK, and none of the high class stuff either. They drink beer and have fun.

6. DConCT

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My best friend growing up lives in Carrolton still with his family.

I'll probably have him get me tickets to the Giants/Cowboys game to open the new stadium later this year (I am a Giants fan of course :cool: )

I'll see if I can drag BC down with me.

7. ChadD

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DO IT. Joe and Henry both mentioned an interest in coming down here as well. Although if I could pick a weekend in the fall it'd have to be when Texas and Oklahoma play, since the game's at the Cotton Bowl, people from all over Texas and Oklahoma swarm Dallas. That weekend last year is still the best time I've ever had in my life.

8. DConCT

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    yeah, I didn't go to the game when I was there, but I was at the State Fair the day of the game and it was a crazy scene.

9. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have nooooo idea what u guys are talking about

10. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm game for a Fall Texas trip!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice