Party Hopper - Dady Rock no longer part of it?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cmw, Dec 3, 2007.

1. cmw

cmw Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    here's what I get at at the reservation part on CancunCare's page for this tour :

I know the big draw is Coco Bongo, but just 3 places total and really only 1 club? Isn't $65 too much? I know it's like $40-45 at Coco Bongo All You Can Drink, and with this tour you get a quick entrance and a table and drink service, but I mean, I'm staying just a few blocks down at RIU Cancun where I have All you can drink all day and night and can get my buzz on there anyway. $65 seems too much, where can I get it for cheaper? just haggle with the places that offer it all over cancun? in the malls?

Also, what is the regular cover for Senor Frogs or All You can Drink + cover for them. This would make a difference in my decision of whether to purchase this or not...

And does Coco Bongo have an option for just cover price (no all you can drink)

Just looking for these prices for Dec 7-11. Thanks!

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think most people would say senor frogs is a club as well! That place gets PACKED when we usually go in march, and a night of all you can drink plus cover is usually 30-40 per person as well!!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Looks like the itinerary has changed since Oct (I've updated the webpage to remove references to Dady Rock), it also now starts an hour later and finishes an hour later too. (9-4 instead of 8-3)

Personally I still think it's great deal. Especially for those on a budget, those staying outside of Cancun and those on short trips. If budget is not an issue then sure try a new place each night, but reckon on more than just the entrance fee for the best experience.

E.g we went to Coco Bongo last Saturday, regular price was $45 (we got it cheaper with local id) we paid $10 tip to the captain to get us a table, then $20 to the waiter at the start to keep the booze flowing and another $10 later on in the night (for a group of 3). With the Party Hopper, tables are set aside and drinks are fetched by your guides. Certainly at Coco Bongo if you dont tip extra and just pay the admission you'll stand in the middle of a crowded dance floor and struggle for drinks all night.... 3-4 hrs is a long time to stand without a drink.

Senor Frogs last time I went (many months ago) was $42 for open bar.

Congo Bar although not a club in the same sense as Coco Bongo is still very lively with much more of a club atmosphere than bar. Congo is owned by Coco Bongo and many of the performers work both places. 3 hours open bar there is something like $25.

If you ask me, $65 for 3 lively places and 7 hrs of free drinks is a pretty good deal!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I should have added the $65 price is standard. All tours have both a net price and a retail price that are dictated by the tour owners. The difference between the two is the sellers commission.

Any price offered less than the retail price means the seller is taking it from his commission, unless you've got a big group you'll struggle to find someone who will negotiate.

The people who sell in the hotels have a captive audience, plus staff and rent to pay for their sales desks etc and as such you'll often find they charge over the standard retail price. You might find someone in the malls or on the street to match the online price but I doubt you'll find someone who'll beat it.

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    thats MORE than a great deal in my opinion! We have always done a "party hopper" with CancunCare each year and it MORE than pays for itself!! I would recommend it to anyone!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice