Palin...

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Oct 18, 2008.

1. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if mccain/palin win she can entertain us wiht some of that fancy pagent walking?

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    true, but you dont have to live with her as the VP, or worst PRESIDENT when McCain dies. However, you can make fun of us for having 2 clowns as president and vp!!! :lol:

3. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was watching CNN last night, with the usual Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper talk (do they ever sleep or go home ??? they work like robots) -they had this fancy schmancy interactive map (i want one like that, it looked fun) where they could calculate which state needed to be won in order for McCain to get over the hump - even if he were to win a bunch of states, it basically boiled down to Pennsylvania.

With Obama taking a lil break to visit his sick nanna,
    perhaps that state will become the main focus?

4. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sadly, because your economy and such does effect ours, we DO have to live with them if they win...especially now that stevie harper is back in office after our pointless election...stevie harper a repbulican wonnabe...dumb twit...anyways i digress...

i shall be doing my pagent walk if mccain and palin win..in honor of her...

oh and ps. i think wolf blitzer and anderson cooper are robots :-|

5. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd rather see Palin strut her stuff than the schizo - moronic humor of Obama & Biden who can't decide which one is the Presidential candidate, and Biden's poor taste in wife jokes. What Dumbasses!

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-ticket24-2008aug24,0,3532078.story

From the Los Angeles Times
    Biden's jokes about wife Jill? OK with Pelosi
    Also, late-night comics duck Obama jokes to bash McCain, Clinton, radical Ayres-Obama papers unsealed and don't follow David Gergen's advice.
    By DON FREDERICK and ANDREW MALCOLM
    TOP OF THE TICKET

DENVER -- So which stumble at Saturday's Democratic love-fest in Springfield, Ill., will live on the longest -- Barack Obama introducing his running mate pick as "the next president," or the Joe Biden crack about his wife that has not been universally well received?

If it's the latter, at least Biden gets a pass on it from the highest-ranking woman in the history of American politics -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Pelosi had barely arrived in Denver on Saturday afternoon before she was holding court at a small luncheon with the media at the city's historic Brown Palace Hotel.

As the session wrapped up and she was offering the predictable prediction that the about-to-begin Democratic National Convention would "achieve its purpose" of sealing any overt cracks in party unity, a pesky reporter asked if Biden's attempt at humor about his mate might exacerbate efforts to get all of Hillary Rodham Clinton's hard-core backers on the bandwagon.

Here's what Biden had said in his debut as the presumptive Democratic vice presidential nominee:

"Ladies and gentlemen, my wife, Jill, who you'll meet soon, is drop-dead gorgeous. My wife, Jill, who you'll meet soon, she also has her doctorate degree, which is a problem. But all kidding aside. . . . "
    Pelosi, who had spent much of the lunch depicting an America in dire straits after eight years of a Republican administration, didn't miss a beat: "Lighten up," she said. "We've got a planet to save."

She added that if Biden found his wife beautiful, "That's A-OK."

But what about the PhD part of Biden's comment? That's what sparked reaction in the blogosphere, including an item by Adele Stan on Huffington Post headlined: "Careful, Joe! 'Smart Woman' Jokes a Dicey Game."

Of the "gorgeous" remark, Stan opined: "Nothing wrong with that. Who wouldn't want to be described as such by his or her partner?"

But of the doctorate addendum, she wrote: "It was obviously a failed attempt at humor. Or perhaps I'm just a humorless feminist. Either way, one can only hope this isn't a harbinger of gaffes to come."

6. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Republican's new supporters: Al Quaeda.

Brilliant!

7. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    why do i picture sarah palin singing dolly parton's 9 to 5 every morning as she gets ready for work :headbanger:

" tumble out of bed and stumble to the kitchen...pour my self a cup of ambition...and yawn and stretch and try to come alive..."

8. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...putting on tax-payer money clothes and make-up (the receipts she submitted from September are interesting, I guess she felt like crap last month and felt the need to shop) she bought to try to achieve the Jackie look....alas...

9. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd do her! :lol:

10. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    palin or parton? lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice