Palin...

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Oct 18, 2008.

1. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    one would be a fool to think she is/was a scholar.

2. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Q: What do you call a Doctor that graduated with a 'C' average from Medical School?

A: Doctor !

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I couldn't tell you what all of the numbers are under the SAT scores, but the two of importance there are the verbal (425) and math (416) scores. The SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) is one of the exams that our high school students take in order to be accepted to the University/College of their choice.

At that particular time there were only two portions to the test (verbal/math) and the top score was 800 in each portion (1600 total). However there is an essay (written) portion on the SAT now. There is also the ACT exam which is also used for college entry. The scoring on the ACT is totally different.

Universities here differ in their admission requirements. Suffice it to say that if these scores are accurate, Sarah Palin would definitely not have been considered for any of our Ivy League schools (Yale, Harvard, etc.) without some heavy influence by somebody with serious pull (or money... think JFK Jr, G.W. Bush, etc)

The info that MichaelF threw on here is interesting. Just goes to show you that you don't have to be the most intelligent person to make the money. Even Bill Gates dropped out of college.

5. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Educational Background:

Barack Obama:
    Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in International Relations.
    Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Joseph Biden:
    University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.
    Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs.

John McCain:
    United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Sarah Palin:
    Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
    North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
    University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
    Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
    University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism

Education isn't everything, but this is about the two highest offices in the land as well as our standing in the world. You make the call.

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I am a big believer in education....... so you can guess who my vote is for!

7. Zackman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hope you all do know who you are voting for.

As for Joe Biden, he proves again he's a one man walking disaster for Obama. The highly educated Joe Biden just threw his running mate under the bus and gave John McCain some of his best material - yet.

John McCain tweaked his stump speech this afternoon to capitalize on remarks made by Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden that delved into his running mate's readiness to be commander-in-chief.

At a fund-raiser Sunday night in Seattle, Biden said, "Mark my words. Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy, Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he’s gonna have to make some really tough - I don’t know what the decision’s gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it’s gonna happen. I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate. And he’s gonna need help."

Read the article:

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/10/mccain_uses_bid.html

Listen to the audio:
    http://www.youdecide2008.com/2008/10/20/biden-obama-will-be-tested-in-first-2-years/

Perhaps the über genius Joe Biden, knows something we don't?
    God help us all if Obama is elected President !!!

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    While I am not a Biden fan, I would much rather have him than Palin, who can barely get through college let alone be a VICE PRESIDENT! She is a nutcase lol, but, from all the polls, it looks like obama will win be a landslide!

9. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any new president would be ''tested'' in his first years in office? no? I would hope so?

10. Zackman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The point is not Biden vs Palin, but Obama vs McCain (both could be bad choices).
    Neither VP candidate will make the tough decisions required of the elected leader of the free world beginning January 2009.

The question is: Do we trust someone so inexperienced as Obama?
    Is Obama ready to make the tough and correct choice between life and death?

As for an Obama landslide: Maybe in Indiana, but it's another story in the other 49 states…

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice