Palin...

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Oct 18, 2008.

1. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A good question for everyone:
    1) How much of your hard earned money is fair for the Government to take from you? 10%, 20%, 35%, 50%, 80%? Who makes that decision?
    How should it get redistributed? Who should it go to? Illegal immigrants? High school dropouts?

2) Do you trust the Government to use your hard earned money wisely?
    Anyone remember the Government paid $400 for a hammer and $1000 dollar for a toilet seat?
    Do you spend your own money that way?

Other examples: - The federal government cannot account for $24.5 billion spent in 2003.
    - The federal government spends $23 billion annually on special interest pork projects such as grants to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, or funds to combat teenage “goth” culture in Blue Springs, Missouri.
    - Over one recent 18-month period, Air Force and Navy personnel used government-funded credit cards to charge at least $102,400 for admission to entertainment events, $48,250 for gambling, $69,300 for cruises, and $73,950 for exotic dance clubs and prostitutes.
    - The Defense Department wasted $100 million on unused flight tickets, and never bothered to collect refunds even though the tickets were reimbursable.
    -The Conservation Reserve program pays farmers $2 billion annually to not farm their land.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/wm839-list.cfm

Why would I trust Obama to increase my taxes and give everyone more entitlements like universal healthcare, childcare, etc when the Government can't even account for where it spends my money and is exponentially wasteful year after year? Insanity !!!!

I think I'm the BEST person to manage my own healthcare expenses, retirement benefits, etc. I don't need the Government to tell me what to do with my life.

Obama can promise to give the people massive new entitlements and welfare programs, but does anybody really think he can pay for them?

2. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ZACKMAN 4 PREZ!!!!

LOL!

I just hope everyone has done their due diligence and know's the candidates before going to the polls.

Remember McCain and Obama are not your only options. There are other independents running though only the Libertarian candidate Bob Barr is listed on the Poll.

Know who and why you are voting!!!

If you don't know the candidates and what they stand for please just stay home and watch TV today!

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank GOD we won't have to deal with Palin and the thought of her in the Oval Office after today!! Now THAT is a scary thought, as you know McCain isn't going to make it 4 years at his age :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Jason...Jason...Jason....

Didn't your moma teach you not to count your chickens before they hatch?

Jamie

5. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My favorite quote of the day was made by Sara Palin's Dad:

Palin’s father spoke very briefly before Palin and expressed his pride and projected confidence as it turns Election Day on the East Coast.

“I’m just so proud to be Sarah’s father.”
    Heath said smiling, “Years ago I taught Sarah how to field dress a moose. But tomorrow I want you to see her field dress a donkey.”

:lol: :lol: :cool:

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    When it takes someone 5 different try's to graduate with a simple BA degree......... that is NOT a person I want in the white house, but yes, my mom did teach me that. However........... I can say with a smile on my face this race is over, hand McCain his senior citizen card and show him the door, Obama has it wrapped up! Peace

7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    We should have paid for Prime time to play that on all the networks. :D

Jamie

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    eh, don't confuse a third grader by saying you'll be the President of the Senate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice