Palin...

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Oct 18, 2008.

1. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No video Janie. Should bring up an article. I am betting in the near future that somebody will leak the recording of the verbal exchange between Joe McCain and the 911 operator though.

The Temptation will simply be too great for somebody not to cash in on that. Or the Freedom of Information Act.

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol: :lol: :lol: McCain's brother doesn't like to sit in traffic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WASHINGTON - First there was Joe the Plumber. Is Joe the Hothead next? Joe McCain said Friday he'll withdraw from campaign activities for his brother,
    GOP presidential nominee John McCain, after calling 911 to angrily complain about traffic.

3. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Excellent response, Thanks for your honesty and wit, I appreciate it. Not offended in the least, in fact I must commend you. I suspect you are one of CC's infamous springbreakers, which means you are approximatley 25, yet you wrote this response with the maturity of someone much older. Thanks for your personal insight and non-antognistic response.

I acknowledged in my post that Rolling Stone is left wing, my clarifying comment was that the retrospect was based in fact, the quotes, comments and attributes were fact and not fiction, if I am wrong I stand to be corrected.

I think we have to agree to disagree. It is an impossibilty to provide a bigger slice of the pie to everyone. Currently right now you are running record deficits in order to fund the war, Katrina relief, fiscal bailouts, etc., in order to provide even more take home cash for everyone you have to reduce taxes across the board. At a time of deficit financing in the TRILLIONS, how can you accomplish that.

Obama's plan initially appears revenue neutral. Not entirely sure about that, but from what I have seen anyone making less than approximately 250K takes home more, anyone making more than 250K takes home less. Anyone making more than 7 figures ($1 000 000.00) takes home about $2000 000.00 less, a lot for those boys...but at the end of the day still a lot of cash, (just less than they are used to and hence the declaration of war against the Democrats).

Anyway, I watch with interest as we approach the election.

4. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OH NO, trouble between McBush and Caribou Barbie ???

CNN REPORTED THIS STORY WITH ONLY A WEEK AND A HALF BEFORE THE ELECTION ...

Palin's 'going rogue,' McCain aide says

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN that they have become increasingly frustrated with what
    one aide described as Palin "going rogue."

A Palin associate, however, said the candidate is simply trying to "bust free"
    of what she believes was a damaging and mismanaged roll-out.

McCain sources say Palin has gone off-message several times,
    and they privately wonder whether the incidents were deliberate.

They cited an instance in which she labeled robocalls -- recorded messages often used to attack a candidate's opponent --
    "irritating" even as the campaign defended their use.

Also, they pointed to her telling reporters she disagreed with the campaign's decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source says she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

"She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," said this McCain adviser.
    "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else.

"Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party.
    Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves, as they see themselves
    as the beginning and end of all wisdom."...

(Maybe she's thinking ahead to 2012?!? ... hmmmmm, very mavericky of her!)

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    B&B, I apologize, in no way did I mean for this to be offensive. I really was curious though as to why. To be honest, I am in the dark as to how the Canadian government works, and if elections get as intense as they do around here. Again, sorry if I offended you, or any of my friends north of the border.

On that note, I'm stepping away from this topic. Seems like its causing more harm than good....typcial politics

6. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That periodical had also endorsed Al Gore and John Kerry. How influential is that? Go back further and see two consecutive endorsements of Bill Clinton. Is there a pattern here, or just coincidence?

8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Florida ... Barack Obama has surged in the polls in this pivotal state.

:clap: :clap:

9. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't explain how those Alaskans think! :lol:

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We can at least predict which way the local media is going to lean.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice