Palin...

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Oct 18, 2008.

1. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: you should live here, ,you might think differently

Chicago's had those problems way before Obama was born!

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    August 2005 ...

while hurricane Katrina was ravaging New Orleans, Best Buds, McBush and Bush were eating cake,
    celebrating McBush's 97th birthday.

Or is Bush sucking his thumb ?
    :shock:

[​IMG]

3. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's been even more mutiny on the Republican ship.

Harvard Law Professor Charles Fried - who has been one of the most prominent conservative thinkers in the country and served as Solicitor General of the United States under Reagan - announced that he's cast his vote for Obama in an absentee ballot.

Fried also asked to be removed from several campaign-related committees on which he served and stated that his reason for voting Democrat was "the choice of Sarah Palin at a time of deep national crisis."

....from PerezHilton

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  5. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Fletch's question is legitimate, and not meant to offend.
    It was just a question.

Sorry if your feelings were hurt, or you feel marginalized by the US election as a Canadian. You probably won’t appreciate my blunt style either. The fact is if you’re not a US citizen, you can’t vote in the US election. But I do understand the interest and vested concerns from citizens of other countries. There is much at stake here for the North American region and entire world overall. Furthermore, Canadians and others are free to express their opinions – I don’t think any one disagrees with that.

However, the election should not be driven by what non-Americans think is good for America just as I cannot decide what is good for Canadians.

Rolling Stone is a leftist publication (always has been) so you may be looking through a “set of focal lenses” as well. I’d encourage you to seek out media outlets on the right side of the argument to gain another perspective of American politics (i.e, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, The National Review, etc,)

Having said that, most Americans are going to vote with relation to their pocket books which are hurting right now. The economy is the main issue. Democrats want to divide the economic pie into equal slices, whereas the Republicans want to increase the size of the entire pie for everyone. In relation to one’s particular situation, these are very different ideologies and require some deeper thought. Unfortunately, I see many basing their vote on shallow things such as personalities, fashion, silly pictures, good looks, political rhetoric and talking points, etc.

6. Larry1

Larry1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: you should live here, ,you might think differently

Yeah,, and Obama fit right in

7. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fox News ?!?!?!? Seriously ?!?!?!?

IF you know people who are basing their votes on fashion then Palin should have no problem winning with her $150,000.00 new wardrobe.
    SHE'S A SHOE IN! :lol:

I have researched the candidates, and I don't cast MY vote on those things you listed!

I am sick of the last 8 years with a republican idiot in the White House looking for weapons of mass destruction, ruining the economy, sending our military to war ... btw, has Bush found Bin Laden ???

McBUSH VOTED WITH DUBYA 90% OR IS IT HIGHER? 95% OF THE TIME ...

[​IMG]

NOW THAT OLD McBUSH KNOWS HE'S LOSING HE'S CLAIMING HE'S NOT GEORGE BUSH ... HE'S TRYING TO DISTANCE HIMSELF FROM BUSH, BUT IT'S TOO LATE, HIS RECORD PROVES HE'S JUST AN OLDER VERSION OF BUSH.

And there's nothing "silly" about the picture ... it's YOUR president and YOUR candidate having a tender moment as best buddies. :hug:

8. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Speaking of Joe the Plumber... did anybody catch the story on John McCain's brother Joe the Hothead? I know that this has nothing to do with any of the candidate's qualifications, but I did get a good laugh. Who hasn't wanted to call 911 to get the 411 (information). Then cuss them out (inadvertently) because they pointed out that you shouldn't be using 911 for that particular purpose. Ha! Anybody want to guess how long it will be before they release this recording?

www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/10/25/ap5604684.html

9. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Zibbyzap, which video should I be watching?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice